1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody here have Timbrens on their front end?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RIRAM2500HD, Jan 10, 2016.

1. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Thinking about installing Timbrens on my 2014 2500 . Anybody here with them? How do you like them? Thankswesport

2. hellion

hellion Member

Got em on 2014 Ram 3500 6.4 hemi srw. Reduces front end dive by more than 50% but dive wasn't much to begin with. Boss 9.2 DXT on front. Helps alot at highway speeds with plow up when road surface has large humps and dips. Ride quality is stiffened a little up front but is not harsh. No maintenance involved and I think they're lifetime warranty now. I've had them on 4 previous trucks with no issues. Good luck.

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I have them on all my trucks. I just got done putting them in my new 16 and they are awesome in that. I didn't know they new Chevys had 2 bump stops on each side.

4. chevyhauler

chevyhauler Senior Member

Have them on my '02 front and rear.
    Just installed them on my '11 front and rear.
    They work a lot better on my '02 since the front ones are not always in constant contact so you get a better ride...until I put my X-Blade (with wings) on and it drops less than an inch.
    On my '11 installing them took some off of the Cadillac ride quality (maybe 20-30%) Noticeable but not bad.
    When I lift my 8611LP up the front of the truck goes down 1/2 an inch. Just measured the other day.
    I DO need to say that the Timbren customer service/warranty is outstanding!!!! I have called them twice with problems and both times they have been exceptional. I don't use words like that to describe customer service often....if ever. Both times, the timbrens failed because of the bolts/mounting hardware rusting and allowing the timbren to fall off the truck. So...If you install these...Take the time to POR15 metal brackets and take the time to switch out bolts with SS. Beyond that, they are bullet proof.

5. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I work on a fleet of 120 plow and salter trucks, and I put them in all of the trucks with plows and salter . After the 99 Dodge was sagging with the V-bed salter and I installed them and it fixed the problem, I use them in all front and rear.

6. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

I'm just worried about factory warranty concerns since I'm in the three year bumper to bumper period & since mine is a 2014 with the supposed track bar weld issues. I had mine inspected & so far so good on my truck .

7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Search Timbrens. Thousands of posts on them.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

They shouldn't effect the track bar or the warranty.
    Moss act, they have to prove that the timbren caused the failure.

We run them on the front of all of our plow trucks.

They only effect the ride when the plow is on.

9. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I have then and like them.

NYH1.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto

I've had them in the past, will never use them again. Air bags are far superior for carrying the weight.

11. chevyhauler

I would not worry about the warranty. If you start getting crazy...adding TONS of weight to the truck...and something breaks...sure, the stealership could point to the weight and how it caused the problem. What they could not show is that the Timbrens caused anything. Use your plow selecting function on whatever brand u have so that you can show that it is recommended for THAT plow to be on THAT truck. That covers u legally. Beyond that, the Timbrens (or airbags if u go that route) are only helping the truck handle the weight, not hurting.
    I also have Timbrens in the rear of both trucks. On my '11 I have counterweight and a 1.5yd sander. With the counterweight and the sander is has been scaled at 1100lbs. The truck goes down less than an inch. I add two full yards of sand on a SRW and it goes down a total of 2". That's with over 6000 lbs. I would like air bags for the convenience of being able to bring the azz end up to stock height, but for now like the fact that the Timbrens are cheaper and far less complicated than bags and a compressor.

12. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I have always used Timbrens up front to help wth the weight of the plow & they've worked excellent in my experience.

13. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Also have them up front.
    Have air bags on the rear.

I learned something about them...
    I have a 3" leveling kit on my truck. So stock ones were way to short.
    I called timbren.

They will custom make any size with no additional other cost.
    I explained my lift and they made them longer
    Cut them the same day and 2 day shipped them to my door. For the cost of what stock ones would cost.
    Very impressive.

14. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Very impressive indeed!

15. aagroundclearin

aagroundclearin Junior Member

Front and rear. 8.5 western pro plus w/wings, 2.5 cu.yd. bulk salter. Carrying it all fine

16. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Your plow only making your nose drop 1/2" shouldn't have anything to do with the Timbrens. Timbrens are just larger than factory bump stops, and there's no way that you should be on them after dropping a half inch. All they do is stop your suspension from bottoming all the way out when hitting bumps in the road etc...

17. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You have air bags in the front?

18. shep28

shep28 Member

I have them. Keep front end from squating like most plow trucks.

19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yes.................

20. chevyhauler

That's how they work on my '02 but on my '11 it is the exact opposite.
    The stock bump stops sit up about an inch. The timbrens come down farther and are in constant contact with the suspension. That is why they took some (not a lot...but some) of the ride away.
    My '11 also has four bump stops (timbrens) vs only 2 in the '02