1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have the Whelen Justice Super-LED Mini

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by maelawncare, Nov 24, 2008.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Well its time to get a new mini light bar. And cant really decide. I really like the Whelen Justice Super-LED Mini Lightbar but cant bring myself to the $500 price tag. I know its 6" bigger than most of the other minis but still.

I was either thinking of this or the
    SoundOff LED3 Mini Lightbar
    or
    Able 2 SHO-ME Luminator LED Mini Lightbar

i have the Able 2 SHO-ME Low-Profile LED Mini Lightbar and it works pretty good. Just not that bright during the day.

What would you guys pick?

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

the only thing im gonna say is my opinion you get better light output on the side and back from the (justice) then able 2 led bars .. yah your gonna pay more ... but think about this they want $700 for the mini liberty with only 4 led modules ... versus .. the justice that has 8 led modules for only $500 .. i wasnt to impressed with able 2 mini led bars i had one and sold it .. just my .002

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Get the Whelen Responder LP

4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

5. maelawncare

I don think that one is as good as the others. Its good, but not as good. And i hate the look of it.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Good deals..glad there close by

8. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I am thinking about getting a Whelen mini-justice lightbar as a Christmas present to myself. $500 is a lot of money for that lightbar but from the reviews I saw as well as testimonies from fellow members here who have one, they say it is definately worth the price. I do have a couple of electronics/lighting places here in NE Ohio but none have one in stock to let me see in person. I have been told that there is no other mini-lightbar that even comes close to the light output this bar has but I cannot get a real feel for it by the youtube videos that are currently on this site. I would be willing to lay the smack down on the table for it but I just wish I could see on working at night in person to judge for myself. :nod:

9. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I had the same problem. I tried to buy one threw every single local shop. no one had heard of it yet. I ordered it threw sirennet.com and when I got it I went to my two favorite shops and showed them. they immediately got on the phone and ordered a few.

10. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Thanks Murphy !! :) I just sold an E-60 pump and a 1075 salt spreader on here and now I got the cash to get it now. I will probably go ahead and get it but I will mull it over a couple of days.

11. maelawncare

well i decided to go with the mini justice :D

Just got it in today. Guys i will tell you that it is worth every penny. I even got a free $80 led flashlight with it. And that thing even rocks :D

I will post up pics and videos of it tomorrow when i pull it out of the shop. Will start a new thread for it.

12. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Maelawncare, if you don't mind me asking where did you purchase your mini-justice from ??? Internet or a store by you and again, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it ??? :confused: If it was an internet purchase did you pay tax or shipping ??? I have not seen any internet ads for the justice where you get a free LED flashlight and believe me I have searched every nook and cranny of the internet to get every possible price !

The reason why I am asking you these questions is that I am seriously thinking about getting one for the top of my 2008 F-350 Superduty. Judging from your post above I come to the conclusion that you think it is worth the smackaroos for it (the cheapest price I found was $499.99 + tax, no shipping charge). I am glad you are so impressed with it and you are not the first on this website to have that view on the mini-justice lightbar. Again, any feedback on the dealer and price you got it from would be greatly appreciated. :)

Jerry.

13. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

heres some videos for you
    ive seen these on tow trucks/dpw trucks and they're very impressive almost rivals my full size police style liberty LED
    http://www.sirennet.com/whmjeg1.html

14. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Thank you ColliganLands !! I have already watched them, more then a couple of times. :D

15. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

All I can say is spend the money, you will NOT regret it.

i spent weeks thinking about it. I was actually looking at a budget of $1000. and had lots of very nice options but in the end went with the justice, and have to say i am very happy with it.

people are always asking me what it is and where i got it.

I got mine for 499 + shipping. I payed group price and they shipped it 2nd day air. with that order I also ordered 10 Tir3's 4 Lin 3's, and a bunch of other stuff too.

16. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Thank you for the response murphyslaw. I appreciate it. It seems to me with my research that $499 + shipping is the going price. I have searched every corner of the internet for a better price and $499 is the cheapest I could find. I have an electronics/police & fire supply place around 5 miles away from me. They have a very nice setup/display of lightbars you can try in their showroom but they are very high in price. I go there when I need a little part like a new cigarette plug for my rotator or something but I will not buy a lightbar from there and pay a premium. I think I am going to pull the trigger on the purchase though. I am tired of replacing plugs on my pancake rotator and replacing the unit itself every two years or so at $45 per pop. I would rather get a top-notch dependable unit that I can get several winters out of it before I need to replace or rebuild it and Whelen has been known for their quality in product and their customer service so I think it is a no-brainer.

17. maelawncare

yea i got mine from sirennet.com and i got the free light cause they were running a special. and i gotta say that flashlight is the brightest led flashlight i've ever seen!

well heres some pics. sorry their so crappy i let my sister borrow my camera and i had to take these with my phone. i will get a video up when i can.

This light is worth every penny. Only thing i dont like is having to go through alllllll the dam flash patterns. theres 99 of them.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

18. maelawncare

yea you will be able to get at least a decade of use out of a whelen. as long as you dont hit something with it :p

19. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Nice pics there Mae. Post the videos when you got time and a request if I could ? :) :confused: Make a video of that lightbar when it is totally dark.

Oh, and by the way that bar looks really good on top of that Super-duty !!!!

20. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i93.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/moparjr/100_0333.flv">

there are a crap load of flash patterns, I have yet to find "the one" so I ru with one till I get bored with it then push the button.