1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody have an HTseries Fisher????

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RAW Details, Jan 2, 2010.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

i like the design, weight, most of all price. they look pretty damn solid. Just wanted some input as i havent seen anything about them on here yet. Thanks guys!
  2. Spikeo

Spikeo Junior Member

Re: anybody have a HT series Fisher

I just came back from plowing with mine. I was also impressed with the way it was built.
    It pushed back some frozen snow banks with litte effort and the back dragging with it works great. I have a steel cutting edge on mine. I'm starting to get use to the "fish stick" controller. I don't think you be sorry for getting the HT.
  3. Mike-63

Mike-63 Junior Member

I just bought one and love it the only problem i have is the plow hops when its not angled, once its angled its fine. The 15 degree cutting angle scrapes very clean. I own a 07 Ram 1500 and the front end only drops a inch when the plow is lifted.
  4. JMS

JMS Member

I love mine, I put sides, cutting edge, poly snow foil and a steel cutting edge on mine so its alittle heavier than stock, but it still doesn't dip the front pf my truck more than a couple of inches. Pushes like a champ, and you can't beat the price for a 1/2 ton commercial use plow.
  5. JMS

JMS Member

oh and the light are realy slick after I put HID's in them for $80.00 ,freaken bright the super white light, makes for 10x the lighting of the area in front, and so far the balasts have help up to the pounding of the plowing.And they just fit perfectly in the light housing between the light and the marker light.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Reviews of the HT/HTS have all been quite good. The hopping issues seems to be common. Maybe a steel cutting edge will help.

Do your HIDs have separate Hi/Lo beams? What wattage & color?
  7. JMS

JMS Member

It had low hid and an added hologin high which is not the greatest so I leave it on low, the motorized ones with the high and low hid are to big to fit because of the extra size. 35w 6000k bright white colour.
  8. nbannan

nbannan Member

Ht works well so far

I have plowed 3 storms so far. 15 inch powder, 6 inch medium wet, 3 inch slush.
    Seems to do well on all so far. The back drag is very nice. Yes mine hops too if straight on dryer rough surfaces. Frame seems pretty solid build quality. Had Jack pin updated & headgear pressure update done (Helps with mounting etc.) Still need to lift the frame about 1/2 inch when pulling unit off truck to extend jack further down or remount is challenging as truck sits higher after weight removed for a while. Stacks very well. So far it is a good fit for me. Using residentially for several driveways.
  9. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

I've had good sucess with mine. I like the back drag feature of this one better that the HD series I had with another truck. Mine also hops in the straight position when the surface at the center of the plow is higher than the sides of the plow. I also had the jack pin and headgear pressure updated under warrantee. The only problem I have once in awhile is the connector pins can "jiggle" out of the full inserted position. I have contacted my dealer and Fisher on this. They want me to take pictures when it happens next. Overall, a good plow for the lighter half ton trucks.
  10. JMS

JMS Member

I concur with the last two posts, I plow both commercial and residential with mine, the aressive plow angle scrapes right to the ground which is a bonus, I put sides on mine so it moves a crap load of snow fast, I would recomed putting the HID lights in it, it makes plowing at night easier to see because the super white light realy lights up with the snow, the kits actualy fit perfectly in the light housing, you will have to cut the original wiring harness out and sodder the hid in, not to difficult though if you know what your doing. Overall I am very happy with my HT.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

When I bought my SD the dealer toled my the SD is alot better plow than the HT.
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Can you guys post up these "Sides" that you put on. I'm assuming these are wings of some sort.
  13. jjcap02703

jjcap02703 Junior Member

The SD and HT appear by the specs to be similar in nature. On the Fisher website they describe the HT as being able to handle "standard-duty commercial, institutional and extended-use homeowner applications". The SD is described as being able to handle "homeowners and noncommercial plowing situations". I think the main reasoning for this that I can see is that the HT can take a steel cutting edge as an option, whereas the SD is poly cutting edge only. I've never used a poly edge, but logically it seems the steel edge would last longer as is needed in commercial applications.
  14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know the Fisher web site says that. But the Fisher dealer I went to said the exact oposite. I plow comercialy with my SD and it holds up great.
  15. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I'm pretty sure you can bolt on a steel cutting edge to the SD. Correct me if I'm wrong though.