1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody have a service bodied truck?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Jan 13, 2009.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys any one have a service body , that they plow with? post up some pics.please

i want a extended cab but im thinkin maybe a reg cab, but i havent had a reg cab since88 and i think i might be spoiled lol.

i came across one its an ford350 06 for 21,500 it has the diesel 6.0 is this motor any good or is a gasser better? it has 39000 miles and a vplow for another 5000.and its a regular cab.

i already have a van that has tool access, so the service body isnt really needed, will the xtra weight hurt mileage?contractor tools mainly? and what do you think itll get for mileage? and last how are the bodies as far as rust goes? i keep my vehicles pampered but ive seen new ones that are rusted. thanks guys.

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Damn it...I sold one to a guy and forgot to take pics of it. Its an '07 Dodge 1 ton with a 11' Reading Classic II Service Body and a Boss 9' 2" V XT. The guy loves it!!

3. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

ford

Heres a pic of my buddys 08 F350 Ext cab diesel SRW service truck w 8ft fisher, I absolutly love this truck it looks unlike any other ive seen, and if your intrested I think he might be selling it

IMG_0021.jpg

4. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Thats a awesome truck. My next truck will definatly be a F-450 Diesel with a 9 foot utility body.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

thats exactly what i want to get for my dad for next winter
    only white

6. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

that is the kind of bed I need for my old mans truck. its a 2000 single wheel ton ford and the bed has gone to **** in short order so we gotta do something before we get busy this spring

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

That balck truck looks AWSOME

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Here are some pics of the utility bed on my truck. This bed has a raised center and a sliding cap on it. This is nice because when I have tools in the back they can be locked up. The negative is that when you back up you have to use the mirrors on the doors. When plowing this slows you down. Since we don't get a lot of snow down here, my truck makes me more money doing other work. A back up camera is on the list
    This bed has storage on the top of the boxes, look at the third pic. The bed is made by Knapheide. I really like it, I have had it about 3 years.

IMG_0199 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0200 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0201 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0203 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0204 (Medium).JPG

9. IPLOWSNO

how are your bodies holding up, inside any rust issues,

gmc sierra, how many miles does your buddy have?

bike5200, thats the same color i want, i wont put a top on it as i already have tool transport. i really want a matching fleet. the inside of the bed is atleast 4' wide right?

heres my tool box now,[​IMG]

thanks for the replies guys.

10. IPLOWSNO

and im pretty good with mirrors lol

11. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i had a service body on my 350 but it rusted out from the salt spreader. underneith and around the hinges.. replacement was about 4500.00 so i just went with the flatbed

12. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The inside of the beds are 49" x 97" I do not have any large rust spots on mine that I know of. I bought the bed in primer and painted it myself and installed it. I put seam sealer where the supports where welded on the under side and sprayed more undercoating on it where I thought it needed it. I also sprayed the inside bottom of the tool boxes in the rear and front of the bed with the red paint.

13. IPLOWSNO

thanks guys

14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I really like that black Ford;)