1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody got a skid loader that they want to get rid of?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Landscape80, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Looking for a skid loader, preferrably a Bobcat, CAT or Case. Looking for one at a good price in good running condition, pretty much a decent machine to have.

Requirements:
    60" bucket or larger
    Good tires (60% or more)
    Cab (even plexiglass will work, doesn't have to have heater)
    Must run and operate good
    Good hours
    And must be located in PA

If you have something to match my description, please email me your specs at Landscape80@aol.com thanks.

Chris

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Landscape -

Thanks for the replies in my thread. Been shopping around for a decent used machine. The selection is very slim. I saw a late 90's Bobcat 753 for sale here at the dealer for $12K. It was well used too. The bucket was junk.

I've been checking out the Mustangs too. They seem like nice machines. I'm looking into the 2032 or 2044. The 2032 is about the same operating weight as a Bobcat 753, but in a smaller package. The 2044 is the same size as the 753 but bigger capacity and heavier. Lotta nice features on the Mustangs.

Good luck finding a machine!

3. Landscape80

I like the Mustang's because they have the 'steering wheel' feel to their controls, for whatever reason I like that better than the controls aside of the seats. I prefer hand controls to move the arms and position the bucket though.....I guess that I just want the best of both worlds :rolleyes:

Chris

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

friend of mine is selling a new holland in good shape and low hours for 13,000 I can get more info on it if you are interested

5. Landscape80

What's the least he'll take for it? Does it have a cab? Just for general info., how many hours are on it? I have heard the term 'low hours' before and it shocked the hell out of me to see 2000 on the hour meter. I have seen how skid loaders are used...they're used good, and in some cases, hard, really hard. Does it have hand controls or foot controls? Just kinda give me a lil' more info on it, I may be interested if the price is good enough and I get a good value for the buck. Thanks for replying.

Chris

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Landscape80 I dont know the least he will take It has a cab but not a cab enclosure, its under 1000 hours and its a turbo. My email is rachett1@aol.com , if you send me your email I will give you his phone number and the 2 of you can talk. He is a 1 man builder and bought this because he thought he needed one,

Matt