1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody ever

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DYNA PLOW, Jan 26, 2003.

1. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

i put this in the ice forum cause it deals with ice.
    i live 2 blocks off of a 6600 acre lake that has some freezing problems in a few area's this year(meaning there are open spots)anyway i was going out fishing sat. and went past an open spot and lookey there a car sittin in the lake bout 4' of water, windows rolled down, bud lite can on roof. get a call on cell phone out at the shack, seems these kids need someone to pull it out. a friend and i go and look at it and decide we could do it. i have winches, snatch blocks and an ice anchoring system. we go and talk to these kids and find out they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it outa,seems they were drunk and slid it into the lake at 5am. I told them 700.00 cash to winch it out, they did'nt have cash and a friend of there's would write me a check, we said forget it and left.
    i looked this morning and it's still there.
    anybody else do any ice recovery?
    dan

2. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude Junior Member

Do we do ice recovery? No way!! Not for free.

Well, aint it true what they say: "Choose an action, choose the consequences."

If they didn't have a pot to piss in, they shouldn't have been spending what little they DID have on enough liquor to get so darn polluted! If they got so drunk that things spun out of control, then they should've been playing someplace a little safer....... and it goes on and on. Where do you draw the line with some folks?

If you've got a digital camera, I'd love to see a pic of this. :p

The problem with this is that if you took pity on them and helped them out without charging an arm and a leg, you'd send the loud and clear message that partying this hard is ok.

BTW, I've never gone ice fishing in my life. I think that this is an experience that I MUST add to my goal list.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2003
  3. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Last year at one of the big races for snowmobiles they sunk a bunch of rigs in a lake.
    There's posts somewhere on plowsite with pic's from that.

Dan

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Speaking of Ice Fishing

So last week one of our Campus Police Officers walks out on the pond on campus and talks to a guy ice fishing near one of the springs who he tells that the pond is spring fed and many people have fallen in over the years and he should really think about pursuing his ice fishing interest on a safer pond in the area. The guy says "I will be fine, this is my day off and I really wanted to fish". As the officer was leaving he decides to asks the guy "So what do you do for work" The guy tells him, "I am a fisherman out of Gloucester"

5. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Dyna, got any pics of that? I'ld love to see them :drinkup:

6. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I'll bet that joke just kills in Ma:rolleyes: