1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody ever use a tailgate salt vibrator? !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by STEELRFAN, Dec 9, 2003.

1. STEELRFAN

STEELRFAN Junior Member

anybody ever use a vibrator? !!!!!!

I just bought a Western tailgate spreader and the bulk salt I use won't come out unless the spreader hits a bump or I hit the brakes hard. I heard about a vibrator that works on tailgate spreaders. Anybody had this problem, and has anyone out there purchased, or have heard of anyone who has? Thanks!

2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Well, I'll attempt to get this back on track. If you are using bulk salt that is wet, it will tend to stick together, "bridge" is the correct word. If you could get some properly stored, dry salt, it should be free flowing. Some of the vibrators I've seen would probably help, but why spend a couple of hundred dollars when the problem is wet salt?

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

the title of this thread is great.....

4. ciapek

ciapek Member

Yes, I use vibrator on my spreader a lot. I got snowex send pro1875 witch came with it. It wouldn't work properly without vibrator, salt wont go down. Price $200 for the part.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

There's a link at the top of the page for vibrators,i got one there for my 2 stage unit and it works like a dream now,no matter how wet the sand is.