1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

anybody ever swapped a serpentine pump from a 6.0 to a 5.7??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brino1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. brino1

brino1 Junior Member
    from 63303

ive been on the hunt for a western plow and i found one today,BUT its a serpentine pump on a 02 6.0 chevy and ive got a 95 5.7 chevy.how hard and is it possible to fab a bracket so this pump will work on my truck?also wondering how hard this will be to switch to an electric pump setup?id be interested in a straight up trade for the electric setup for this serpentine setup.
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

brino, I assume you are talking about a centel hydraulic system. If you know the manufactuer of the system your looking at you should be able to contact them and get the proper brackets for your truck. As for swaping in an electric pump I again assume your talking about adding a power pack to the plow frame (not using the central system), I did that a few years ago, used a Unimount pump and harness and it worked out great.
    Good luck
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Western doesn't sell engine mounted pumps as far as I know. So as above, you will have to figure out who made the pump & valve control system and go from there. The plow itself must have the same lift and angle rams so it could be converted to a self contained electric but I think you will find the cost prohibitive if you were to buy new. Used parts would be the answer but when you find a good used unit why not just use that ? You would need to find a unit that has good hydraulics but a smashed / rusted out blade. You should post a photo of the plow so we can tell you if it will take an on-board hydraulic unit or not.
  4. brino1

brino1 Junior Member
    from 63303

its in cape giradeau mo.shes got an ad on CL.from what she said she got western plow stuff out the wazzzuuuuuu.i ended up goin with a meyer plow here locally.complete setup for a 1/2 ton chevy.gettin it blasted and painted now.they even threw in a buyers salt spreader for free!!bring on the snow!!!