1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever hit something with there Walker snowblower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by farmboy52787, Feb 26, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Anybody ever hit anything with there walker single stage snowblower? Happened to me at the beginning of the season. I was snowblowing the sidewalks to a church and i hit one of those water shutoff things or whatever there called that stick up about an inch and it bent the auger pretty good. Now the snowblower makes a mess and throws snow away from it instead of towards the chute because there not cutting into the snow smoothly. If you have never seen the walker single stage snowblower operate, let me tell you the auger spins wicked fast, faster than any 2 stage ever would. Also a recommendation, take out the piece of metal that looks like a "W" in the discharge chute, then you will hardly ever clog again, especially in wet heavy snow. Overall this unit hasn't been stopped yet and if you own a Walker, a snowblower attachment is well worth it. I am just going to get a new auger for next year and make sure i know where the obstacles are.

IMG_0061.JPG

2. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

farmboy52787 what part of westbrook you from i am over in portland and i am always in westbrook plowing.Also how does the walker snowblower work.i have a walker and i would like to put a blower on it next year but i would like to try one out first..You ready for the mess we got coming Tuesday/wendsday.

Mike

3. farmboy52787

it sure beats shoveling, I am on route 22 near Scarborough. I use the blower for a Church on Main Street and 2 other apartments buildings in Westbrook. As long as your on a flat hard service they will go anywhere blowing but if you go onto a sloped lawn or into sandy gravelyou will get stuck. But I bought mine off a guy for this year who bought it in Dec 2006. You need to use narrow tires with chains since its only 36" wide. Does a hell of a job too when you dont have bent auger fins and it will throw the snow pretty far. Plus this model you dont need to buy the implement hitch. It also has a lever to lift it up and then a foot lever to put it down. Yeah for this mess I'd rather see a foot of snow rather than a mix like we had 2 weeks ago, boy that was awful.

4. TazLandscapes

Yeah i hated that storm about destroyed my trucks just trying to push that crap.I bought my walker in Jan 07 it was used about 80 hrs on it.i bought it from yerxas in So Port. he told me i had to buy the implemnt hitch to even use the snowblower.I wont buy anything else from him again anyways.But i would like to try one out before i decide.

Mike

5. farmboy52787

you dont need it for the single stage, but you do for the 2 stage one that doesnt work well with wet heavy snow. Yerxas has always treated me well, dont know of any other dealer close by that would sell Walker Equipment

6. TazLandscapes

Chad Little in South Portland on Main street.Chuck Comeau is the walker guy he knows everything there is about walker.

Mike

7. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

Get the torches out, heat it up and shape it up:gunsfiring: