1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody else noticing slow pay?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MahonLawnCare, Mar 8, 2010.

1. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Man! It seems this season the checks are taking longer and longer to get here...Anyone else experiencing this too or am I just lucky?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Anywhere from 7 to 30 days ,nothing has changed.

3. procut

procut Senior Member

Yeah, I have one that seems to have went from 30 to 45, but other than that, everything seems the same as it ever was.

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

slow pay just a fact of life in our world. i just tack on an ex 100. or so for my time

5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

45 - 60 DAYS++, But it's costing them ++++

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The usual 30-day suspects have pushed out a little further this year, one hit 60 and I threatened stopping service and it showed up the next day. The rest are still on the ball.

7. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Sign of the times that is why I put in my contracts due upon receipt, if not paid within 15 days of receipt I rebill with a 2% tacked on per week until paid in full. If not paid within 30 days I terminate the contract and start legal proceedings. Luckily I have never had to start legal proceedings, almost though its amazing how quick they pay when you tell them you are going to take legal action they don't want to go through the hassle of going to small claims court. It just s*cks you have to wait so long to get your money. Like someone else said in a post I read If you can't afford to pay me I can't afford to work on your property!

8. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Same here! Obama said he would....

...oh wait a second.

:mechanic:

9. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

Our first commercial account check was received on Feb.17, 2010.

10. backupbuddy

What was the date of the storm?

11. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

The check was for our December 15 invoice.

12. backupbuddy

That s*cks :mad: How many more you waiting on?

13. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

I finally got one that was 30+ days past due today...still haven't been paid this year for our HOA...they were always on the ball with the landscaping...sign of the times I guess

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

HOA should have no problem paying on time they have money in their budget and they collect monthly from each unit. They choose not to send it in on time.

15. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

The accounts that paid on time still do. We always seem to have one or two late pyers each year. For the first time in 15 years I withheld services after chasing payment for 30+ days past due, was paid in full around noon. Their now 30+ again.

16. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

I called them today and it's going to be here Friday....riiiiiiiiiighhhhhtttt:laughing:

17. Boss23

Boss23 Junior Member

I still have over 4000.00 out from 1st storm in Dec. it sucks this year.

18. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I started emailing most of my invoices this year, and oddly enough my larger commercial and industrial accounts are paying quicker than the small businesses! It has been the opposite in the past years. Thank you Obama for tightening the rope on the small businesses! Maybe I should be sending him my invoices?? All in all, the late payers are still the late payers...... They get to pay more!

19. kikengrass

kikengrass Junior Member
    from Alb, NY

just curious what is the average cost on a single account invoice you guys are billing for a per plow/salt commercial property. one that i have is 4 to 5 thousand net 15 monthly obviously depending on the weather. luckily they are good with paying within a week.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  20. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah but thats because you have well established accounts that most are probably places you've serviced in the past right? I think most of the smaller guys are noticing slow pay. At least half of our accounts are slow paying currently and a bunch with problems paying at all.

A couple are paying quicker than normal which is odd but i think its because the big bills get pushed through with more priority over normal small invoices :eek: