1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody dealing with Brickman this season.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by White Gardens, Jan 17, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

So, as far as I can tell Brickman has made some major changes to their operations in the Midwest.

Anybody else dealing with Brickman in the Illinois and surrounding states, and how is it going for you?

2. White Gardens

bump.........

3. White Gardens

Bump.

Really surprised not to get any responses. I figured there would be some responses by now.

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in Pa and doing two places for them, so far so good.

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am working for them, and have done about 30 hours for them this season so far....

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

you people are subbing from them only snow removal right?

7. dmontgomery

I have done some salting. But it is clear that they have stopped using subs for salt only events.. 2 years ago, I was salting all the time and hauling in cash,.....

8. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

they have a branch local here for year round service. They seem to do a great job but expensive i hear.

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I salt for them as well. The nearest branch is an hour away, so I do it all!

10. dmontgomery

They have had me working at remote sites away from the base I operate out of, and they will have me plow a business and then will send out a Brickman truck to salt, when I am there with a V-box full of salt...What ever I just do the work that they will give me.

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

thats weird they do that. why would they salt but not plow there lol. Here they do it all!

12. dmontgomery

Brickman.............

Brickman does not have a single truck with a plow in this entire operation.... all the plowing is subbed to trucks and pushers. This includes 5-6 very large business lots, HOA's, small businesses, etc......that are spread all over the Dayton Area

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Noway, here they have alot of plow equipment, skid steers, etc. thats wierd i guess.

14. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

not true. the branch i work for has every single truck (18 F-450's) set-up with a western plow and a snow-ex v-box

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol not surprising, they contract for snow plowing only huh? they had contracts last season with a company we took a couple sites for.. i saw their crews on the sites we were contracted to salt and plow...they got done salting, i almost flipped out right there, this was after missing about 4-6 salt events and wondering wtf was going on. I told the company GFY and find someone else for the shitman sites. If they ONLY want plowing, then contract guys for plowing ONLY, dont weasel your way into salt/plow contracts then state that YOU/brickmans must call before you can salt, thats BS.

16. stauffer.80

stauffer.80 Junior Member

In Cincinnati, brickman uses a bunch of hillbillies with junk equipment. They had one guy with a plow on a S-10, plowing for beer money. We have never worked for brickman and I wouldn't recommend it.

17. dmontgomery

I am not sure what you are saying is not true.... Have you been to the Dayton Operation and seen Brickman trucks with plows??? Strange since there are none..

Is is possible maybe ...at your branch they plow.....at mine they don't...

yes it is....and not just possible, it is fact, no Brickman plows here

18. dmontgomery

No the contract I signed was for my Combo unit, plow and v-box......I will probably look elsewhere for work next season.... They are paying me $35 an hour more than they do for just plow trucks....

19. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i take it your all being paid on :drinkup:time....

20. dmontgomery

I have always been paid within 2 weeks of each event