1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? any1 have any ideas on snow way plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by donny boy, Oct 22, 2003.

1. donny boy

donny boy Junior Member

i am thinking of getting a sno-way snow plow.... its 8'6" 32"high..... it is made of that poly matterial..... i am gonna be doing primarily residential but i have a few commercial lots that r pretty big..... just wondering if any1 has any infomation for me... the dealer i am gonna get it at says they r the best plow for backdragging because it has hydraulic down pressure when back draggin....... plus the plow it self is lighter than all other plows in its size...... now would that be a problem when pushing big commercial lots cause it will lift? any help would be greatly appreciated.......:confused:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It will not cause the plow to lift at all.In fact,you can actually use to down pressure to keep the plow scraping the pavement,even going forward.

The Snoway will hold up to commercial use just fine.

The backdragging with the down pressure is amazing.

3. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

I used a SnoWay on my Durango all last season, and it did great. Be sure you get the lightbar, though. The truck headlights are supposed to shine through the moldboard, and it looks good on paper, but does not work well in real life.

You mentioned some big commercial lots. How big? You will waste a lot of time plowing large lots with just a straight blade. Do a search, because I am pretty sure I remember a thread from a year or so ago about how to mount wings on a lexon blade.

4. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

I just tried doing a search on this, and did not come up with anything. Does anyone else remember the topic of mounting wings on a lexon blade?

5. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

6. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

That's it - thanks Seth! (It would help in the Search if I spelled the word correctly) :eek:

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Lexan is a very heavy duty material that has high impact strength and flame retardancy. Because of this it is very light weight yet durable enough to take lots of abuse. You should have no trouble with this plow handling heavy duty use.

Jay

8. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

lol no problem karen. glad i could help :drinkup: