1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any word on updating the lights?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rydzewski, Jan 18, 2009.

1. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

looks like most other plow manufactures have the new style lights? is sno-way planning on updating there lights anytime soon?

2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I don't think so... Stronger lights generally reflect snow falling right back at you. You want your light to diffuse and flood, not spot on like some of the newer ones.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sorry Charlie LOL (I get a kick out of that, who remembers the starkissed commercials?)
    The rumor is we have new lights next year. Though I agree with Charlie that the defused light is best for plowing in the falling snow. I often run with just my parking lights and roof flasher when plowing to avoid the refracted light playing games with visibility.

4. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I have also heard a new style of light for next year. I have been pretty happy with the lights we have now. Seem very bright. Other than the actual shape I think they work great.

5. rydzewski

rydzewski Member

will the new lights work with a plow with the old ones?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We'll have to wait and see.

7. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

It won't be the first, and it won't be the last ! :)