1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any with detailed Meyers mount pics on a vehicle?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jusme, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jusme

jusme Junior Member

Just got done mounting an old "Custom Classic" on a 99 K2500. Had to fabricate the mount using a 87 Ford truck mount. But had an issue getting support to the upper portion of the frame to be able to hold the weight once the plow was hung. So, took a plasma cutter, and notched the bumper in 2 spots to give a couple pieces of angle iron straight line access to the frame rails. Welded the top part of the angle to the frame, and bolted the other end to the frame on both sides. Just wanted to see a meyers "Custom Classic" mount on a 88-98 chevy (not the MDII or the tube style EZ Classic) to see if the fabrication is mildly comparable. Thanks! I'll post pics of mine in a few days.

2. jusme

jusme Junior Member

As a preface, Not factory by any means, (in fact most of this was supposed to be BEHIND the bumper on the Ford), but after time with a Plasma Cutter, and a couple of welders, it's mounted. But I would still love to see an old Custom Classic frame with a proper Meyers 88-98 chevy mount. Plenty of pics so far around with the 73-87 CK and 88-91 RV trucks, but cant find these.

Chev_Plow.jpg