1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Western Newy York Guys Chime in (subcontractors)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mrplow247, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Mrplow247

Mrplow247 Member

Just wanted to say i have been lurking here for 3 years and its just become to hard not to post my questions or responses so here i am.:waving:

My question for all of the western new york guys is, as usual, what are the subcontractors making.

I have tried calling local places like people always sugges, but they either say they do not have subs or that the information is not available to give out.:mad:

Any input is appreciated.

Here is my situation, I sub in downtown buffalo usually between hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m, I have a regular job so this helps my schedule. I pay for all of my own gas, and i use my truck, insurance, etc.....all work is parking lots and im always on call, I have a 3/4 ton truck and a 7'6'' western ultramount

How much should i be getting paid? payup

Basically the problem i am having is that yes i get paid say, 4 hours or 5 for plowing but with travel time it always ends up being 7 hours total, and paying for gas is usually $30-$40 every trip i live 25 miles from the city...
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I'm just outside rochester here subs get from $ 35-65/hr, depending on skill level, truck, plow, etc. Personally my subs get between $ 50-65. I had one guy that only wanted $ 40, but he didn't have liability ins. (other than truck) & a 7'-6" or 8' straight blade & older truck.
  3. Mrplow247

Mrplow247 Member

Yea my truck is an 03 which isn't super old. And I carry insurance for my plow....thanks for reply ill see what everyone else says