1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any way to view the standard site in iPhone?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by stroker79, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I want to make a post and upload a picture but there is no link to upload a pic using the mobile site.

Another option is using tapatalk but this forum doesn't seem to support it. Any ideas?

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

check on your phone and see if you are able to choose a different version in order to view the forum...you may/should be able to choose a different version other than via your mobile

I know on the newer blackberry's you are able to do so

3. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

I've got an 8530 Blackberry and viewing the mobile version only is really annoying, any idea how to get the full version to show up?

4. Michael J. Donovan

go to your browser on your phone, then choose options and you can check there

5. Welderguy24

Welderguy24 Member

Hey works great, why didn't I think of that!!!

Thanks a lot.

6. stroker79

I don't have any options on my iPhone that I can find. Unfortunately the iPhone isn't user option rich. Is there a way to make a link on the site to switch back and forth?

7. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

yeah i've been trying with my iphone and can't get it. gotta see if we can get tapatalk installed

8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I alway's go to the site from my google app and it's only this version instead of the moble version.. Maybe try that

9. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

on an iphone? which app is it?

10. stroker79

I tried the google app on my iPhone and it didn't work.

11. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

If they install the software for Tapatalk. that's my preference for iPhone forum browsing.

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't work here either..

13. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

mine goes right to it. Just an iphone4.. not sure why. it's kind of a pain ths way

14. stroker79

I have an iPhone 4 as well. Don't worry, your not missing much with the mobile version. It's has hardly any options and it's small text. Only bonus is there are no ads. Tapatalk is awesome, most of my other forums support it and it really is nice. I know also that tapatalk sells thier script so it can be independent of the tapa network but it works the exact same functionality wise and you would download the site as an app. I would think it would be better to be in the tapa network though because it would be reachable to another new audience. I hope to see tapatalk supported.

15. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

What is tapatalk? I am asked on my iPhone on other forums but do not know what it means. Thanks.

16. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

Just to to iTunes and search for "tapatalk". Better to see it than explain it. Trust me.

17. SnowJersey

SnowJersey Senior Member

18. stroker79

I've already posed for tapatalk a couple times earlier this year so honestly it is doubtful it will happen. Unless more and more people request it maybe.

19. ACutAbovemi

ACutAbovemi Member

Tapatalk

TAPATALK will only do positive things for plowsite. It's will push more traffic through the site. There is a loyal following of TAPATALK user who will find the site using the key word search. It also recommends forums for you, so the site will get more users.

There is no good reason for you guys to not add plowsite to there nice lists of forums

20. Michael J. Donovan

we do not have plans to add tapatalk at this time...I will let you know if this changes or we do add it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.