1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any way to test a boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Oct 20, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

The plow I have for sale on here, I want to test it out. As I said I bought it from my buddy who was in a jam, Anyway I couldn't hook it up since he lost the truck, unfortionally it was repoed and they would not give him enough time to take everything out. I want to check it out and make sure everything works. I don't have the wiring on my truck since I have all westerns. Is their any way to hook it up to a jumper box or something, just to make sure the pump kicks in and moves left to right. Thanks

2. Realdealoo8

Realdealoo8 Member

I would think it would be alot easier and safer to find a buddy that has a boss mount on their truck and just hook it up and try it. Where in NY are you?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Easy enough to test the pump itself by connecting to the power cable plug with a jump pack and a couple screwdrivers. You'll only be running the pump and it will squeal against the relief but at least you know the pump is good. Which is the expensive component.

If you have enough hands/helpers you can also jump 12V to the respective pins in the 13 pin connector to control the functions but you gotta be steady with the hands or it will get away from you. Not easy to do once the lift tower comes around and whacks you in the shoulder. :D The Boss straights are quick. :nod:

To do it correctly it really should at least be on a truck with a mount. Safer too..

4. fireboy6413

Yeh it would be easier, I hooked the red and black main cable to a jump pack, and the pump was continuously running, Also do I need to keep the red and black connected to check the 13 pin harnes

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll need to jump the required pin on the 13 pin for the respective function and then give the power cables a shot of power and ground. An extra set of hands is very helpful.

6. fireboy6413

Ok let you know what happens