1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any way to speed up mm1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hc_treeclimber, Feb 9, 2009.

1. hc_treeclimber

hc_treeclimber Junior Member

Just wondering if I could speed up my mm1 goes down fast and pretty fast left or right just slow up and really dims my lights and drops the voltmeter thanks
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Sounds a little like my prom date in 1987.:rolleyes: My MM1 is the same way. That pump is lifting about 750lbs.+- so it will be slower than left right and down. Is your battery in good shape?
  3. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Mines doing the same except its a mm2. I was told to upgrade to a bigger battery or a dual batt setup.
  4. hc_treeclimber

Yeah my batt. is in good shape but it doesn't matter I cant run the controls for more then a couple of minutes and it freezes up. Just took the hydraulic bucked off the pump to look at the filter and it had ice or something on it so I clean it off and put it all back together with fresh fluid and fired it back up and it worked awesome for a couple of minutes and then froze right back up again. I don't know what is going on with it or how it's getting ice in there
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

you have moisture- you need to flush the hydraulics out completely then refill with clean NEW fluid from a sealed bottle.

Could be power connections are dirty, or motor may be going too as another diagnosis. Lights always dim, lifting is always slower then other actions (2 batts and a 136amp alt tested to over 160 in mine and they still dim)
  6. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

There was a fellow in this forum had a video of his to give you an idea how fast they are, and his had a rebuilt pump. My MM1 is lazy as $h!t, and it loked to be about the same as the one in the video, I think it's just because they are a heavy plow.
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Mine is slow too, but when i had my friend MMII on their, even it was slow. I have a cheap battery though
  8. hc_treeclimber

thanks for all the advice guys but I am still having major problems, I just replace the motor with a brand new one and a brand new solenoid and when I hit a direction on my controller the plow goes in the direction that I want it to but it goes that way and doesn't stop and when it finally gets as far as it can go it still winds the pump right up like I am still holding the button I don't know where else to go from here the truck side wiring is all brand new and the plow 3 pin plug is brand new and motor is brand new any help would be appreciated thanks
  9. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

either solenoid is stuck or control problem if all the wiring is correct