1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any way to mount full size light bar with tonneau cover?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JFon101231, Dec 4, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I picked up a 2002 GMC 2500HD, and am looking to get a Undercover ABS plastic tonneau cover to keep stuff in the bed dry on trips to NH etc. This will prevent me from using a Pro Tech aluminum backrack I'd really like to protect my window and to mount my Whelen light bar.

Is there any way to mount a full size light bar and keep the tonneau cover without drilling holes into my truck to use the door brackets?

Thanks!
    Jeff

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

they make some covers that are compatable with back racks. ive some like metal roll up ones

3. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have an All Access soft roll up cover on my 2002 and I built a mount that uses the front stake pockets and bolts on threw existing holes. Made out of 1.5"x3" c channel it holds my FS Vista bar fine and doubles as a tie down point.