1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any way to find out age of fisher plow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sn95vert, Jun 30, 2012.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I was just wondering if there is any way to find out the age of a fisher MM2 such as a serial number or something along those lines. Looking on Craigslist and the guy says its 3 years old but it looks like it might be older. Only reason I ask is because my brother is about to buy a dump truck and needs a plow to put on it for the winter.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The pumps have numbers on them but it could be a replacement etc.

I find the age really irrelevant. I have seen 10 year old plows to be in pretty good shape and 1 year old blades beat up pretty bad. Paint is a bad inidcator IMO. I never look at a used plow and factor in paint. Easy for seller to paint and cover up problems. Easy for a buyer to paint a cheaply bought plow and have it look great.

Take a look at blade for any twisting or bending. Look over eveyrthing for broken welds or repairs, Check fluid and operation if possible. All of these become negotiating points.

3. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Paint looks alright but starting to fade on the back side of it. Doesn't look like it was ever repainted. My brother has a MM2 that's about 5 years old and looks in a little better shape than the one he's looking at.

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

First two digits on the pump usually

5. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

looks like it's an 05.

6. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Here's a pic. guy is getting divorced and is looking to get rid of of all of his plows. he said the lowest he could go is 650. It's a 8' HD. You think it's a good deal. Hooked it up on my truck and everything seems to work just fine.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  7. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

8. Paul D

Paul D Member

I'd say that is a great deal. Does he have more? ussmileyflag

9. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Looks like it in the background. I am interested if he has more to sell.

10. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Afraid not. He sold 2 and is keeping one. He is keeping his newer mm2 for his landscape business. Picking it up tomorrow.

11. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The one in the pic is an old mm1 where is the mm2 They stopped making the one in the pic around 02 before mm2's came out. If that guy told u that plow is 3 years old he is a total blow hard. Thats not a replacement pump they had yellow stickers on the old mm1's

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, I think brad96z28 is right. that looks like an older MM1. .. what is the serial number on that power unit?

13. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I actually backed out and found a plow from a local landscaper. This thing is MINT!
    Its only 2 years old but used commercially. very well taken care of. All hoses and fluids changed this past fall.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  14. Paul D

Paul D Member

What did that one cost if you don't mind sharing?

15. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

A lot less than what I would pay in November.

16. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Less then 2k?

17. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

A little less then 2k. Im still debating whether i should sell my mm or sell this one in nov-dec. The mm2 is nice but i did a full resto on the mm and don't know if I want to part with it. Im sure the mm2 is worth $2500 all day and I could probably get $2K for the mm.