1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any way to change from7-1/2 to 8/12 BLADE ONLY

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Oct 24, 2009.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I have a 7 1/2 boss rt3 smart hitch, I have been trying to sell it but im not getting anywhere. Is their anyway to change just the blade from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 if so how much would it cost

2. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

you could try some wings..

3. fireboy6413

Thats what I was thinking, but still that too small for the parking lots we plow. I really wanted to get rid of this one, but I think ill have to keep it. Im gonna need to change the blade out.

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

so you want to change just the blade? to the 8'6"? I would think that that would be a little expensive. Have a machine shop build you some extentions if your not into putting wings on it. I think other then just trading the plow that would be the next cheapest way.

5. fireboy6413

yeh so far i have it sold, so im gonna go the rout was gonna go by a wide out

6. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

I'm confused. You said in your first post you wanted 8.5' straight, then said a 7.5 plus wings (over 9' and works awsome) wouldn't be enough, then said you want a Wide-Out. The difference between 8.5 straight and a Wide-Out is like comparing half-tons to 1-tons. Not even in the same league! You just tripled (or more) the cost of your upgrade. I'd suggest adding wings to that 7.5 and run it a while before deciding that a Wide-Out is the answer. You can always unload the wings for close to retail price if you decide they aren't going to cut it.