1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Tips on rebuilding my Pivot on my Unimount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by weareweird69, Aug 27, 2011.

1. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Well, plowing season is coming up in a few months, and I havent even looked at my Western all summer, other than to make sure it was all greased up.

The pivot is shot, any tips for rebuilding the pivot, and making it stronger and last longer?

Ive also got to weld on a peice of steel to the moldboard, and replace the cutting edge....

Thanks in advance guys. :D
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

take it off the moldbord and weld a piece of steel to it and drill a slightly smaller hole and put a washer on top and bottom when you put it back together ,thats what my old boss did years ago cause those a frames are expensive to replace . put a piece of plate steel something thick will last .
  3. weareweird69

I was looking at another thread, where a guy put a plow on a skidder, I was thinking about doing what he did.
  4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

wearweird can you share please i am currently in the same boat you are with the 8 unimount im rebuilding its pivots pretty sloppy i just got it apart today havent figured out the best repair yet
  5. weareweird69