1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any tips for wiring on a year 2000 810PP install for an F250

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by axl, Dec 16, 2009.

1. axl

axl Senior Member

I bought a 00/01 Blizzard 810PP that cam off a dodge and its going on a 2001 F250. We installed the mount yesterday, and now we have to tackle the wiring today and it seems to be a daunting task???

Any tips or advice that might make this go a little smoother??
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I took my 99 to Jerre. Thomas installed a new style plowside harness, so it matches both trucks, and gave it the Erie special treatment. Honestly I would not attempt it, unless your really good at wiring, have the schematics for new style/ old style, and lots of time.

Its not an easy project by any means. Unless your very qualified, I would find a shop that knows the old ones, the new ones, and has a real tech to work on it. The local shops around me are not up to this task.
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

experienced or rookie mechanic should have pd for install:eek:
  4. axl

axl Senior Member

Mount took us 40 min to install, DID NOT have to drill one hole. We are all set on the wiring, took the guys about 2hrs, a lot easier than we had originally anticipated.
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Thats truckside I assume ? Does that wiring use the anderson connector for power ?