1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any thoughts on these lots??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 96f250, Oct 18, 2009.

1. 96f250

96f250 Member

[​IMG]

Bidding on everything outlined in green. 3 Trucks 2 Skid Steers and Deere Loader any thoughts on prices.

Salt all lots. Calcium sidewalks. Seasonal pricing paid out monthly regardless of snow

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I just get a red x for the pic

3. 96f250

96f250 Member

should work now

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Good sized lot.. how many acs is it? whats the trigger? walkways? zero tolerance? I think you might be a loader or 2 short depending on how you answer the above questions?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. 96f250

96f250 Member

Not positive on the total acres. Getting the spec sheet this week. It is zero tolerance, travel lanes kept open during business. Not many sidewalks. 2 loaders short? I do not beleive there is a need for 3 full size loaderson this property.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

what are your trucks, what do you have for blades on them, do they all have sanders? Can you store salt on site? I said one OR two loaders short but the way its cut up you will probably be better off with a good sized skid or 2 (additional)...more likely one if your operators are good (you've got a lot of stuff to plow around)... you really won't find a price but you'll need to estimate time then multiple by your hourly price...how many events do you get down there? what your average snowfall? Where are you to put the snow? Are you required to remove it also? Your asking for opinions and I'm sure others will chime in....As you can see, we need the details......

7. 96f250

96f250 Member

Salt is stored on a site about a mile from here. The trucks have two 8 ft blades and one 9ft blade. All three have salters 2 have v box and one has a tailgate. the skids we were figuring 2 or 3 two of which with snow pushers. removal of snow is not necessary they have a back section of the lot which can pile all the snow. we have about 10-12 events a year usually only 1 or 2 of which are 6+ inches. not necessarily looking for a price cause i know that you really need to see the site in its entirety and know all the clauses and fine print of the bid specs. just trying to get other professional opininos from the aerial view of thoughts on equipment and timeframe

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I can't see straight blade pickups being of much value here. Better get some wings on them, or probably "Turkey wings" would be better. Basically turn them into pushers.

9. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

i agree with mick and tcor... i dont see a lot fo space to put snow thats convenient... no easy windrows.. these are gonna be a lot of long pushes to the back were it looks like you would be able to stack snow, 1-2 looaders would be nice, trade 2 skids for a loader.... unless they are big skid steers...

10. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

i would say 2 skids, 2 loaders would be all u need...

11. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

agree with the rest of the guys. two loaders, two skids