1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any thoughts on the Salt Dogg TGS07

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rusty_keg_3, Oct 9, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Well, i didnt announce it yet here till now. But our shop got hit by a tornado on june 5th... It took my bros house, all our mowers and equip, 2 trucks, a suburban, and 2 cars... A ton of damage...

Well we had a 2009 Chevy Silverado 3500HD and it got totaled, and we bought it back at auction... Now its my truck, im putting a flat bed on it, and am looking for a salter, we have a destroved v box but i want to be able to see while plowing...

We had a Snow ec 1875... but their $2500 and up new... Ive been looking at the Snow Dogg TGS07 and its comporable to our old snow ex... An auger with varilable speeds, and the spinner too, and a vibrator...

http://www.saltdogg.com/Salt_Spreader/TailgateSpreaders/TGS07.html

I found it for about $1500 locally, and was wondering who else has it, and any thoughts...

Thanks!

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I don't have one but I really want one. It would fit my needs perfectly! I may end up getting one mid season. Sorry about your loss from the tornado. Hopefully nobody was injured or killed.

3. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

I have a snowex pivot pro 1075 for sale that was used about 6 or 7 times last year. If your interested it's priced at $1300 obo. I'm located about an hour or so away from you near Brighton MI.

4. rusty_keg_3

No thanks, im looking one i can put bult salt through, and just plain bagged salt... So i want an auger, and vibrator... Thanks tho...

Yea, their new so i dont kno if any1 has one yet... And thanks, no one killed or injured, him, his fiance, and her 6 year old were safe in the basement...

5. KCD Snow Pro

KCD Snow Pro Member
    from IL.

I don't own it yet but will be buying one just based on great experience with our Buyers SaltDog SHPE 1500 V-Box. Buyers had some issues with controllers but as I understand it they are all worked out now. We NEVER had any issues with ours. I expect the TGS 07 to be solid if taken care of.

I think the cheapest I've seen retail on one is 1350 at either Lorenzos or ESI. Cant remember which.

Maybe if there's enough winter storm work, mother nature can help rebuild what it messed up. Here's to you blasting snow and torching ice. :drinkup:
    Good luck!

6. bosman

bosman Senior Member

I saw this model on their website a few weeks ago, looks a lot like an Airflo mss but for half the price. I currently have a buyers tailgate and vbox spreaders and really like them. I will buy another buyers spreader for the truck I just picked up.

7. rusty_keg_3

We have them locally where we bought our brand new Exmark Lazer Z from this summer after the tornado, so i hope he will give me a deal. But either way no shipping and handling, and some dealer support...

Yea, i hope mother nature is still pissed at northwest ohio this winter so we can rake in some cash... I wouldnt mind working as much as i did after the tornado(hour wise) (but not for free) lol...

Ok, thanks...

Our V box that got destroyed was a older Buyers, but i think i like this one... So far nothing bad... Ill wait tho... I still gotta finish the truck and get it ready for this winter...

8. KCD Snow Pro

KCD Snow Pro Member
    from IL.

Roger that! : ) Pissed at NW Ohio, LOL! I hope she's pissed at Chi-town too!

9. rusty_keg_3

Haha, yea... But more so at NW ohio, last few winters werent as good as i would hope for, and i think u usually do ok over there... lol

10. rusty_keg_3

Long day tomorrow, with a early start... Night bump...

11. gkm

gkm Senior Member

sorry to here about the loss.....good luck this season

12. rusty_keg_3

Thanks man, good luck this season too

13. rusty_keg_3

To the top

14. rusty_keg_3

Any one else looking at one? Im going to a convention so ill be back sat night...

15. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Does it slide into the factory hitch? Looks pretty nice. I may think about getting one instead of reinstalling my Boss on my new truck.

16. rusty_keg_3

Yea, slides right into the hitch... Well if u look at one, be sure to tell us what u think...
    Thanks

17. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I have been thinking about one also. Got a qoute here local for 1350. Looks like a really sweet unit for the price. Any one have pics of it mounted? I would be putting it on the flat bed for now until I can a v-box but then transfer it to one of the other trucks.

18. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

Anyone have any new info on this salter?

19. rickintn

rickintn Junior Member

I'm ordering one tonight $1512 includes shipping

20. skeleton2135

skeleton2135 Junior Member
    from 419

where did you find that?