1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any take b/f & after pics of work?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Feb 9, 2008.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I am having an issue with a daycare facility. They claim they will pay half the $1000 bill due to my irregular snow removal. They are open by 5 every morning. They claim there have been countless times they are out doing the walks and we never did show. Thing is we do a gas station 1 block away that is open by 4:30. That lot is usually done by then and then were off to the daycare. Truck/plow or skid and 1 - 2 on sidewalks, front entrances etc. Were in and out b/f i every see any lights on. If it is snowing during the day - we do it at time of opening, again around 8ish, b/f schools open, again mid morning, again around noon, again around 3ish b/f school lets out and again around 4:30 cuz parents need to pick up kids by 5.

Now there was a time or two where the front entrances were done. Which there are 3 entrances about 6 x 10 ft area. But now I am thinking that I'll start taking pics and send them along with each invoice with b/f and afters. What do you suggest for a good camera. Time to upgrade and do this. What are your thoughts?

2. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Maybe you should hit the daycare first and then do the gas station. Or better yet, do the gas station at 4 then the daycare at 4:30. Pictures might help but to go to court over something like that will take more $$ than they owe you. Not tryin to be a wiseguy here but you sure you guys don't hang around the gas station longer than you think? I know at 4:30 in the am I like a good cup of coffee and a roll.

3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

if you take pics make sure the time a date is visable on the picture when printed out. all my guys have a time sheet for ever site we do.. time in and time out and what was done there. i dont care if they take a break or pick their nose just as long as they right it down.. if u want i could fax u a copy....

4. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

Did you meet with who is in charge and go over this? What is your contract?

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

You could take pics or personally call the daycare owner/manager each time after you finish up. I can almost garantee that if you do the calling method...you won't be getting any more complaints as they'll get tired of being woke up at 4:30am each time it snows.

Buck

6. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

Careful it doesn't get stuck in the fax machine with those boogers on it.

7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I do a resturant that gave me crap saying I was charging them for plows and sandings that were never done. They asked that I come inside and let someone in management know we were there if it was during business hours. If not they asked that I leave a note in the drop box that we were here and what work we did. As long as I'm not waiting around for a manager I'm fine with that. I do take before and after pic's on sum lots ...mainly my strip malls and larger accounts.

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

all my customers have my cell # and i tell them that if we(my guys) miss ANYTHING to call me ANYTIME and i will come and make it right...... i tell them that we are NOT perfect and to never to get mad, just call and the problem will be fixed as soon as possible.
    had to edit this..........these customers don't want pictures, time sheets, or spread sheets......they want results that they are not getting. give them your # and have them call

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

idk if you have the money to drop. but our company is organized into crews of 5-8. each crew gets 2-3 trucks depending on the size. 1-2 people per reg cab truck 3-4 in the ext/crew cabs. in the crew leaders truck there is a laptop. for each job on his list he types in the time arrival, work done, time spent, departure time. this is done for every contract. so if anyone has any questions we can pull up the spreadsheet and look.

i dont really care if he has 3 trucks and sends one out for coffee of whatever while the other 2 do the work. just so long as everything is logged at the proper time.

we have had people question what we did and we will print it out and send it to them with an the invoice. never had any problems with this. other than ppl not paying bills.

so if you have the money id suggest doing the laptop with the spreadsheet it works good. and you can also use it for youself.

10. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Time sheets are used with every truck, skid, utuility tractor that is out. After looking all these times up, the latest any one guy showed up was 4:34 according to there sheets. Usually it is around 4:15 - 4:30. Gas station is always done by 4:30 - employees are coming, milk truck, pop trucks etc. Contracts states no matter the snow event - we clean. During the day 5x's to make things passable. So if that 5th time comes at 4:30 - I'll wait till 2 the next morning and we'll do a finally clean up, salt/sand and there good to go.

I guess you can never keep people happy. My wife told me 2nite that maybe with the new manager - HE doesn't like you or want the authority because that is a guy thing. The last manager was a nice young lady that I went to school with and we got along great. I knew, she knew and not a question - but this new guy - arrogant SOB.

11. ECS

ECS Senior Member

New guy just wants to show you he is the boss. Just take him out for a cup of coffeee, and ***** slap him a few times. He will straighten out.

12. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Thats why I have a GPS with bread crumb trail . I can go... see i was there.

13. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Been thinking about the GPS unit as wwll for this type of situation. What can you tell me about it?

14. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I just fired a customer because he wanted to pre-approve all saltings. He was a new manager and did know what the signed written agreement the previous manager had signed stated... I asked him for his home number so I could call him at 3am every time salt was required per the agreement. He was not thrilled to hear that...........I told him I was not calling him anyway and voided the agreement......and left......

15. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Tough shi t, tell them to pay up or small claims court. If they were taking care of the walks then why didn't they call and let you know when it happened. I tell my customers if they have a any problems to let me know imediately so it can be taken care of. Waiting until the invoice shows up, only tells me they are trying to be cheap. They obviousely know what services are suppose to be completed before they open, then why wasn't you informed of the problem. Tell them to payup! payup

16. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I here ya. 2 nite thru tomorrow there calling for 4-6 in my area. My wife already has given me a hard time about the daycare place and having to call him tomorrow to clear things up. IF I deem the meeting unseccussful - see ya! Good point to about getting an invoice and then questioning what was done and not. Cheap is right!