1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggetions on snowblowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TVPM 1, Nov 15, 2007.

1. TVPM 1

TVPM 1 Junior Member

Any suggestions on snowblowers need 4 for 2 HOA's we just were awarded

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

if your looking for single stage then the toro's are the only way to go.

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I run Ariens snowblowers. They've been great every year. The models I have are the pro series...13hp, cast iron gear casing, ignition start, heated handles, & best of all its solid steel construction. That means everythings steel from the chute to the controll panel. None of that flimsy plastic constructed parts. The housing is 36 inches wide too with serrated augers.

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed, I have a Toro now but after running a 36" Ariens that will be my next blower.

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Ariens....but buy them from a distributor, not Home Depot. You will pay more but if they break you will get them back in a day or two. Service is worth more than the HD discount!!!

6. millsys mowing

millsys mowing Junior Member

ive been told that the ariens at home depot arent made the same although they are the same model that you would get from a dealer. cheaper made with more plastic parts. might cost you more at a dealer but its worth it

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

If your looking for a signle stage unit, or a smaller two stage unit, you can't beat a Toro.

8. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

from what I was told by my dealer is aerins has totally changed there machiones for the worst he doesnt even sell them anymore he said they went down hill after the 2005 models