1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Suggestions on New Website?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Stack Landscape, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Stack Landscape

Stack Landscape Junior Member

Hey Everybody,

I'm in the process of having a website designed and would like to know what everyone thinks about it. Thank you in advance!

www.StackLandscape.com

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

The links on your home page are helping people leave your website. Not a good idea. Put them on a different page if you must have them.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I don't like the links on the front page
    I think you should put your phone number as part of your header (on every single page)
    about us, isn't really about us.
    it should either be a paragraph or so explaining what you do, or a link that goes to a page explaining what you do

dont' need the link to the home page when i'm on the home page.

about us: i would not draw attention to the fact that you are new in business, that's not a selling point. And a guy in a suit does not sell landscape services. guy looks like a lawyer.

services: either those lists should link to something explaining them or they shoudl have a little blurb explaining what they are. remember, your web site is selling you, you need to answer people's questions. the top middle picture is terrible, it looks fake

portfolio. It doesn't work, they all say "coming soon". Plus the menu type is different than the rest of the site. The whole site should be the same.

contact us: you should not have the employment application form on your website. Just bad business and brings all kinds of legal notices that you don't need.
    contact us: don't you want people's address? you certainly need it to decide if you can service them.

free estimate: it doesn't work. it's not detailed enough. Just have them contact you and sell teh fact that you give free estimates. there's not enough infomation gathered for you to give an estimate.

affiliations: i don't understand what this page is for.

is this page really being done by a marketing company? it doesn't look like it. It looks like it was done on Front Page.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with everything LoneCowboy said. I am going to put my $.02 in. Might be the same thing as others have said.

ABOUT US: Unless that is you in the suit, remove it and show some of your work.
    "Newly formed in 2007," needs to be removed
    What "products" do you offer?
    Stack Landscape provides its services to commercial and residential clients with a commitment to exceptional service at an affordable price. We at Stack Landscape look forward to enhancing the quality of life in your lawn. We offer blank, blank, blank.

SERVICES: The Portfolio page should be removed and the links to the other pages should be attached to the words i.e. Lawn Maintenance on the services page.

I know you are new, but are all those pic you are using pics of your work. It is better to leave it blank than to give a false pretense of what you can do. Some of those pics look like golf courses.

FREE ESTIMATES: again, guys in suits don't sell landscape. So a pic of you mowing a lawn.
    Should not have to click again on the Free Estimate form. If you want to use it, it should come up on the first click of the page.

GRASS TYPES; should not be on your home page. Maybe put it on a links page with the other links. You are not a national company. Why list what grasses grow in different parts of the country?

AFFILIATIONS: Remove this link. It does nothing for you.

I hope you are not paying alot to have the web designers come up with wording for your web page.

Fix the stuff others and myself have said. Repost and we will take a look at it again.

Good Luck

5. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

hmmm...
    As someone else said, it looks like a canned website from frontpage or something. Nothing real informative about the homepage at all. It has a long way to go for sure. Does nothing for me. Not trying to insult, just giving honest opinion you requested.

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA