1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions on 7 1/2' Boss Plow dropping too hard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman71, Dec 8, 2003.

1. snowman71

snowman71 Junior Member

:confused:
    I just installed a new Boss Super Duty 7 1/2' plow with a smart hitch on my 98 half ton diesel Z71. I am finding that the plow drops way too hard when lowered. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, might it be that it's too big for my truck? Truck has Timbrens on front end.

Thanks

2. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman Junior Member

Snowman, It's no big deal, check the owners manuel there is an ajustment screw to determine the speed at which they drop. Ron

3. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman Junior Member

Snowman, OH yeah I run a 8.5 super duty Boss. Ron

4. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

He's right on owners manual tighten the hieght valve a little.

5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Theres a adjustment screw on the back of the housing that holds the pump adjust in or out with an allen wrench all the way in and it wont move just adjust a little at a time!

6. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

turn the screw clockwise for slower, counter-clockwise for faster.....works just like a pneumatic closer on a screen door!
    -Jeff-

7. snowman71

snowman71 Junior Member

Thanks for the tip..now how about the right and left angles?

:confused:

Thanks everybody for the tip on the lowering of the plow...it worked like a charm...now....I have looked in the manual, but don't see a way to adjust the left and right angling of the plow... It seems to want to jump too quick..Is there a way to slow that down too?

Thanks