1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions for my setup? Silverado 1500 / 7.5 ft Arctic SD

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by giant, Dec 6, 2009.

1. giant

giant Junior Member

Hi, Ive got a 7.5 ft SD Arctic plow on my 2008 Silverado 1500 ext cab, and im planning to run 600lbs of ballast in the back. I have 6 inches of ground clearance from the lowest point on the plow mount A frame, and the plow weighs about 500lbs + whatever the mount is (100lbs?). Im pretty happy with how it looks, but im looking for advice on weather or not i should use timbrens, and if i have an appropriate amount of ballast. Any info would be great, i dont want to kill my truck / scrape the hell out of any driveways (Im just doing residential driveways). Thanks a lot!

2. kenidaho

kenidaho Junior Member

I have a 2004 short box standard cab and a 8 foot Hinker plow. I run about 200 lbs of ballest. I put in timberens and cranked up the torsion bars. This seams to work well for me.

3. giant

giant Junior Member

This year's truck doesnt have t bars, so thats not an option, what exactly do the timbrens do? will they raise the truck? Im thinking i need some more ground clearance.

4. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

no you dont, just use timbrens and you'll be fine. what they do is bascially helps spread your load makes for a little stiffer ride (wont notice it that much). I run 2 of these 1/2 tons and no problems but i aso do full 3/4 ton swaps.