1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any salt in W. Michigan? Or do I have to truck out of state?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sk187, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

My supplier today said it doesnt look good for getting any salt this year and if he did it would be around $115 a ton.

Does anyone know where to get around 100 tons in Michigan or does it pay to send some of our trucks out of state to pick up the salt and bring it back?

Some posts said neighboring states had salt as low as $50 a ton, at that price it would pay to send trucks out of state to get it.

2. 08F3506.4L

08F3506.4L Member

115 isnt bad most people are paying that. You doing the mall again? I thought that took more than 100 tons?

3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Yeah we have it for 3 more years.

They are cutting back so salt is only applied if they ask for it and only on the main road, parking lots and access drives will probably never get salt.

Its weird but I better have 100 tons on hand, and if I cant get any then I have to change everything to liquid.