1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any salt depots in Newmarket, Richmond Hill Ontario area?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 2moresleeps, Oct 16, 2006.

1. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

The only one I have now is Beaver Valley in the north end of Thornhill.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The Salt Depot in Newmarket is just South of the 404 Plaza. Without an account, last year's price was $83/metric ton. We were $72 pick up or $64 del. with a minimum of 35 metric tons. We used 700 tons last year, we guessed at 500 to get that price.

They have a yard at 14th Avenue just West of Woodbine also.

4. 2moresleeps

from Ontario

Cet I would have pmd you but I couldnt remember the name you used My computer is screwed< i cant comma or period> anyway< thanks for the info< if you know of any closer to oakrides id appreciate it>

chris

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You could check at Leona's but I think they only have bagged salt. They are right on Yonge street.

6. 2moresleeps

from Ontario

Leonas sucks. They only have bagged and they charge a premium. They are only open during business hours.

The issue I have this year is with properties in Vaughan and Woodbridge. I have serviced my area and know Beaver Valley is solid (24 hrs) in the winter. Ill look into the salt depot.

When I said "salt depot" I was asking for ANY place that sells salt 24 hours in the winter.

Thanks again.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

8. Brothers

Brothers Junior Member
    from Toronto

sub

Chris ..can you phone me 416 990 4744

thanks

Charlie

9. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

You can call Markam Property They have Magic and so does Draglam .Markam's number is 416-470-8932.I think both bags and bulk