1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any remote start experts out there?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Sep 16, 2007.

1. I am looking for some advice on a Code Alarm remote start system. 98 GMC 2500 5.7 Auto. The truck was in the shop for repairs to the oilpan and brakes lines. The mechanic noticed the positive battery terminal was loose so he removed it cleaned it and reinstalled. Now the truck will crank, start, and immediately stall. It acts like the GM factory security system is acting up. Could this be due to the remote start sytem or the battery disconnect? Is there some sort of reset? Any help is appreciated.

2. dzrick

dzrick Senior Member

I'm no pro by any means but you might want to check this page, about half way down there is a section called ( System Power Up )

http://www.autoelectric.ru/autoalarm/code-alarm/ca/ca-m.htm

I would think that you should be able to connect Code Alarms tech support and tell them what happened and I'm sure that it will be an easy fix.

I just installed a cheap bulldog remote start in my 98 GMC and my brothers 02 Chevy this week and today I'm installing one in my sister's TrailBlazer.