1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Questions You Got?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NorwayAuto&Plow, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Hello everyone... I'm a fisher dealer in central New York. I will be happy to answer all and any Fisher questions you have. We have been in buisness for over 11 years and a total of 20 years experience in installing fisher snowplows.

Post your questions and i'll post the answer... No such thing as a stupid question so go ahead and ask away!

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for your input, i just saw you answer my edge question. So you def think i dont need a new one?

Thanks, Tim

3. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I have a Fisher 8 foot MM1. I don't know the year because we bought it used. The pump, I think needs to be replaced after reading somewere that their pump was very slow and drawing the battery way way down. What is the problem exactly? The hydro pump or electric motor? Also would a rebuild be as fast as a new motor or pump or just buy new.
    One last question. I am sure you can do this but want to make sure. The plow has the old lights on it that is like driving around with a flashlight compared to the new fisher and western lights. Could I buy a pare of nighthawk or whatever they are called and put those on the plow? Just don't want to run into a problem and have to have a stupid toggle switch or something to turn the highbeams on ect.
    Thanks alot!!

4. Plower845

Plower845 Member
    from ny

Im lookin to start plowing with my 05 chevy silverado 1500 5.3l z71. Which model plow should i be leaning towards?

5. NorwayAuto&Plow

When the cutting edge and the base angle are level you might want to get a new cutting edge. The base anges are very expensive to replace. Being that there is a cutting edge on it now and it is level with the base angle, they will wear slowly because the metal is doubled.

You probably will get another year out of the old cutting edge being that you are in New York (i think). A new cutting edge runns around $75 to $150 depending on your plow.

6. NorwayAuto&Plow

Im guessing that this is an electric plow so i would definetly get a new motor (not rebuild) this way everything is brand new and should last you a couple years. If you rebuild, there is always a greater chance of it breaking during the storm of the year and time is definetly money. Just think of it paying for itself by not breaking down.

I would try that first before you go into the pump. If it was the pump you would hear a horrible whinning noice when in operation.

For the lights... Go to a dealer or on ebay and try to find the toyota tundra light extensions. they are for the tundra becaust the grill goes up with the hood. Your head gear does not have the holes drilled for the new lights (intensifier for fisher or nighthawks for western... they should be the same plug). Take the tundra plate and bolt it on as wide as possible. Just make sure the angle arm doesnt hit the lights.

Its not the best looking but you'll be able to see ALOT better.

Thanks for the question. Both are commonly asked at our garage.

7. NorwayAuto&Plow

You should try for a 7.5 RD fisher. It is the most common plow sold and can go on any 1/2 ton or bigger truck so when you upgrade trucks you wont need a new plow... OR if you want to sell the plow there is a great chance that itd be sold within a couple months.

Anything bigger than a 7.5 will damage your truck. Weve had reports that 8 footers have cracked that frame of some chevys (probably from not washing the salt off so metal decay took its toll on the frame)

A good thing to keep in mind but isn't a must do is putting a set of Timbren Bags in the front of your truck. They are solid chunks of rubber that replaces the stock suspension stoppers. They best part is that they are only in effect when there is a heavy load on the front so when the plows off... you can take your girl out to dinner in a trick that rides like a car.

Good question.

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks for your input, im glad to have you around! How much does a rubber snow deflector run?

Thanks, Tim:waving:

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

OK heres a question where can I find the truckside stuff for a 2007 chevy 1500 extended cab 5.3L. My buddy is going to buy my plow so he needs the truckside stuff. My plow is 3 years old mm2 7.6 RD. Anyone know where to get this stuff for him. ttrudeau3@yahoo.com if you have any info. or leave me a pm here. I need to get this stuff for him asap so he gives me money to buy new plow at last years pricing.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I got one for you:

Our new truck has a 8' MM1 its like a 2001 ish

anyhow the plug is bad right where the wires go in to the plug on the truck side for the control plug.

I think I need the whole wire harness ( I havent looked at it to hard yet)

But If I do replace the whole wire, are the fishers like western where you can use the Vplow Wire Harness, that way you can hook up to either plow and run it?

Also will any of the Vplows mont up??

Thanks Clap

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can buy just the repair end for the truck side Clap... :)

12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Well thats a good thing,

Im new to the whole Fisher thing

I know my dealer is 75miles away so I got to do something to makesure I got parts lol

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll give you the p/n for the repair end.....which harness it is? Control or lighting harness? 2 or 3 plug plow?

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Control Plug

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you try replacing the bulbs with something better? cleaning up the lenses? lot cheaper then new lights:nod:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=60960
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=57124

:eek:Or maybe it's just a Chevy problem

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=37054

Generic SAM deflectors run around $100.00

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

3 plug= 3 pin: 27063K
    2 plug= 9 pin: 22335K

17. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

18. NorwayAuto&Plow

We can slide ya into one for $270 installed.

19. NorwayAuto&Plow

sent ya a email with the answer.

20. NorwayAuto&Plow

If you have a straight and v plow, just get a v plow harness and adapter. If you dont have a need to use both straight and v plow just get the repair end for $45. I don't know off the top of my head the adapter part number but we have some in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.