1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Problems With New Ho Cummins?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Cooters Dodge, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

I have 03 dodge with cummins in it and was wondering any of you guys that have newer upgraded cummins have any problems with it?

2. moel

moel Junior Member

no - its been great

3. aces

aces Junior Member
    from SD

I have no direct experience with the newer Cummins diesels - mine's a 98. Here is a site where i've found a lot of good practical info: http://www.dieselram.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Check into the "3rd Generation" forum and see what they're talking about!

4. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Maybe Price? :p

Those I have spoken with , have had no problems...I wish my budget would allow one to be parked in the driveway. :nod:

5. moel

moel Junior Member

6. crashz

crashz Senior Member

My father bought the new HO Cummins this summer. Loaded. Man - its a nice truck. So far he loves it. Hasn't worked it at all. Won't plow, tow or haul anything, he leaves that to his other trucks.

The only gripes I've seen is the servicability. I changed the oil for him (his arthritis is getting bad) and getting the filter out was nothing less than a two person job. Definately needs a filter relocation kit.

7. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

Crash you just need long arms! 440 I didn't have the budget either but I did it any ways. It makes it tight but with my buisness growing it makes me feel better about the purchase. I could not be doing what I'm doing now with old 1/2 ton with 360. I've got nothing against gas motors, but that 360 in my half ton was the most underpowered engine I've had in a vehicle.
    With no load in it the truck would scream, but with it loaded or hauling something it was a true turd. Would not pull the hat off your head.
    Off the subject but just wanted to say that.

8. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Love My HO 03 Cummins

This is the starting of the second season plowing with my late model build 03 Dodge and I have to tell you I Love it!!! Within the first 1000 miles I carefully pulled off the stock exhaust and replaced it with a Banks 4" monster exhaust, I like the sound and the lower EGT's. I've done some other little mods with it and am planning some other fun stuff here from Bully Dog after the new year.

The plow I'm running with is a Blizzard 810. Timbrens are installed on this truck.

9. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

I have put 11000 mile on mine in the last 4 months and it's been flawless! It pulls harder and harder with every mile.

10. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

what kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting. Towing, city and highway? Thanks

11. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Hey lndscpe. Do you have a Dodge 2500 Cummins extended cab with a Blizzard 810 on it??

12. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

When I'm pulling 10-12k I'm getting 10-12 and empty about 16-17. But I've got the 410 rear end.

13. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

14. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a '04 3500 Quad Cab, short bed SRW with the HO/auto and I like it a lot. Plowed big commercial lots with it last year (and will do so again this year) and I couldn't have been happier with it. Plows like a any other Cummins powered truck.....like a BULL!!!

Ryan