1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any plow you want

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by choiceland, Nov 9, 2003.

1. choiceland

choiceland Junior Member
    from WI

Hello every one my name is Bill. If you could have any plow you wanted to make money the fastest and easiest what plow would it be for a 2002 Chevy 2500hd with a diesel? I am thinking about getting a boss V plow 8" 2" I have always used western unimounts and a friend told me a V plow is a lot faster.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you already know the answer:nod:

john

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I agree with the doc!:D

4. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I would also look into the Blizzard plow, if you have a local dealer.

I run a Western MVP and love it, but If I had a Blizzard dealer closer to me I would buy on of them.

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Blizzard first choice,boss v second.

6. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

If you've always been with Western and you like them, why not look into a Western V-plow or it's sister plow Fisher. Just a thought. Good luck.

7. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

that boss v blade would work well on that truck

8. choiceland

choiceland Junior Member
    from WI

how is the blizzard with the wings that come out?

9. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I am particular to the Western MVP.

10. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

Hi Bill,
    Welcome to plowite:waving:

I would have to agree with JT Blizzard 810 would be my first choice and a Boss V would be my second.

11. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Western Plow

If you've been happy with the Westerns (as I have) stick with what works and get a Western V plow.

I love their new UltraMount system. It's hard to tell there's a plow mount on the truck for the other 300+ days a year that it doesn't snow.:salute:

12. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I would go with the Blizzard if I was to buy a new plow. The V is good for cutting unplowed roads and such but the scoop on the Blizzard looks to hold more snow when cleaning up, plus light and fluffy snow the expanded 10' position would shave time off your route as well.

13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

If it was me I would go with The Boss allthough Western makes great plows also!:waving:

14. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Blizzard! the boss V is a good choise too but my first choise would be the 810.If you want to save time the 810 was a 9 ft scoop.

15. choiceland

choiceland Junior Member
    from WI

Thank You every one for your input. I bought a Blizzard today and it is being installed on Monday. I can't wait.

16. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

cool... you'll have to post pics once ya get it on the truck

17. KenP

KenP Senior Member

Last year was my first with a Western MVP. This year I went out and bought three more MVP Ultras. It takes longer to unplug the wire harness then to hook up or drop the blade. It's NICE!!! V plows are also roughly 20% more efficent in moving, stacking and cleaning up your messes. Just my .02 :gunsfiring:

18. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

good luck with your new plow, you will really like thye blizzard plow