1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any pictures on how to lower a meyer plow mount on a yj wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jeep2001, Dec 11, 2012.

1. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

I was wondering if any one has pictures of how to lower a plow mount on a yj wrangler. I have a 3'' lift kit with 33'' swampers. Meyer said the mount should be no higher than 10.5'' from the ground and mine is 16.5''. Can I lower this with out too much work or money? Thanks
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Kill the 33s and raise the mounting lugs on the Aframe.
  3. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

You can. I have the same frame mount and although it attached to a tj I used 3/8 flat steel to extend the mounts.
  4. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Thanks guys for the information, I think taking off the 33s will drop my jeep down about 3'' or more.. I have a set of blizzak winter tires 215-75-15, do you think these will work ok for plowing? How many inches can I extend the mounting lugs and be safe? Can any welding shop do this and what do you think the cost would be?
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012