1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any pics???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lazerslicer, Dec 30, 2006.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

Anyone have pics of chevy front ends with their mount on. I want to see if your installer trimmed or removed your valance cause my guy did not remove or trim mine which made me very pleased with his work....
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

what year truck??
  3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

they chopped up mine for my western on my 01 chevy, but i ordered one on ebay and i was able to jam it in w/o cutting
  4. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

2000 or newer

pics of 2000 or newer
  5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

On my 01, they just removed the valance, on my 06 they left it alone and looks great.
  6. Sciticofarms

Sciticofarms Junior Member

GMC cut-out

Here's my 2003 GMC.

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sciticofarms I did mine with out cutting threw all the way.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  8. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Me too. I just trimmed the lip off.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

at my dads office, they have an 02 sierra and the installers were able to get the mounts in there without cutting at all, just pushed up on the valence and stuck the mount underneith. This put quite an arc on it and im surprised it didn't break but, it didn't!!
  10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Here is a pic of my 01 with the Ultramount. The previous owner also had an Ultramount on it so that is why the valance was cut. The older version of the Ultramount the valance needed to cut but the new style is a little lower and doesnt need to be cut.

plow9 (Small).JPG

plow10 (Small).JPG
  11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'll take a pic of my 03 tomorrow if I remember. Happy New Year to you guys.
  12. Sciticofarms

Sciticofarms Junior Member

I understand and agree, but the dealer did this. I was surprised and they assured me they cut all the trucks this way. This is the GMC Truck Dealer I bought the truck from.:cry: