1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any pet-safe de-icers out there?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 2011F250Lariat, Dec 7, 2013.

1. 2011F250Lariat

2011F250Lariat Sponsor

I need to quote a nice stand alone building for snow removal and ice management, they asked for pet-safe de-icing material as its a dog boarding, grooming facility with outdoor walks etc. what is a dog/pet safe de-icer that i can get for this purpose here in chicagoland?

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I got a sample from true green so I know it's out there its been a couple of years though

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I use Mr. Magic calcium. It claims to be pet safe. $10.50/ bag if bought by the pallet here.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

bare ground

5. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

just got some "Liquid Snow Melt"
    Seems friendly enough
    Will let you know how it works

6. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Safe for pets is different then "Safer for pets"... It's actually majority rock salt. You can find an MSDS online.

7. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Look into Urea... Many of the ice Melters they have now at Pet Shops is just Urea in a nice package. Try and stay away from chlorides if you can.

8. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Many people on the forum are interested for your results. I already have seen a few claims disproven but if it melts snow/ice I'm sure some of that can be looked past in certain situations.