1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any other Titan Owners?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by linycctitan, Aug 13, 2007.

1. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Hey gang. I am new to this site, but not quite new to the snow game although I have not "played" in the last 8 years or so. I am however looking to get back into it on the small scale (residential & small lots). I am actually looking for opinions from anyone who has a plow on a Titan. I feel that this truck should fair pretty well for what I looking to do, as it pulls 8500lbs of boat without breaking a sweat. I have done the research on which plows are available for my truck and have narrowed it down to 3 choices. If there are no others on here using a Titan to plow, maybe others that have these set-ups can chime in with their experiences with what they have. All useful info is appreciated.
    The 3 choices are:
    Blizzard 720LT
    Meyer STL-7.5
    Sno-Way 26 Series 7'6"

Thanks for the help,
    Dan

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

if you get a blizzard dont buy the 720 its way to small, even the 760 is kinda small on a full size truck.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

If your interested, A guy up here in Mass has a complete Boss plow off of a Titian, he bought the truck with the plow but doesn't want the plow call 508 845 6308 ask for Tom Fiore, he told me that it's like brand new!

Good Luck
    Jay

4. king_titan

king_titan Junior Member

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck will hold up with either of those plows just fine, from what I hear, those trucks hold up pretty goodI(for a 1/2 ton) I plow parking lots with a 1/2 ton, and a Meyer ST 7.5. I wouldn't get the STL though...It's way too light duty for parking lots or what not. Out of those three choices, I would defenitely pick the Sno-Way over the other plows, with the down pressure feature for the residential, and the size difference over your other choices. Whatever you get...make sure you get some timbrens for your front end, They make a world of difference in how your truck handles the weight of the plow, there only about 180$ for a set for up front.

6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up, but I already got the SnoWay. I have been plowing for 14 years, but I'm just getting back into it after taking a little hiatus. I have had good experiences with SnoWay in the past and my dealer is excellent, so I figured i couldn't go wrong. Check out this thread for the pics http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=51558 As for the Timbrens, i have a 2" leveling kit w/extended bumpstops so they would not work well in my application, but the truck handles the plow very nicely. Happy plowing!!