1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any other ideas?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ultimateinc, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

just wondering if there is any other creative ways you guys load salt into a v box ? i have a bobcat but its on jobs hate loading it to drive back to the shop to load up, then trailer it back to the jobs. any other ways you guys suggest?

2. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We get salt in bulk bags and use our forklift to load.

3. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

We get salt in by 22 yard loads and the load it in bulk bags our self with the skid steer, it takes about an hour top load 22 yard in bags, 1 yard per bag.
    We then use a fork lift to load it in the salter, the bags have a draw string on the bottom and can be re-used over and over. be buy the bags for about $11.- each (its cheaper then building a salt shed if you have a warehouse to store them)

here's a picture

Salt Bags Small.JPG

4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I buy the same bags but the salt comes in those bags. I buy them for $100 per ton.

5. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

good idea.. so you just set the bag in the v box then open them up ???

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We do the same, bulk bags

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

You hang them over the v box then open the bottoms