1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any Other Guys Have Deadbeat Problems?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LHlandscaping, Mar 12, 2004.

1. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

DOES ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THAT SINCE THE SEASON IS ALMOST OVER THAT SOME ACCOUNTS DON'T WANT TO PAY THINKING THEY WILL GET SOMEONE ELSE NEXT YEAR? I AM FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL HERE WITH A FEW COMM. ACCTS AND I REFUSE TO EVER PLOW THEM AGAIN. ANYONE ELSE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've got one. I've plowed 7 times and only have gotten paid twice. I'm going to file a tax lien Very soon.:nod: :gunsfiring:

3. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Dumb Question: How do you go about filing a tax lien? I have an appartment complex that is continually 3 to 4 months late. I have had about enough with them. I have attached nasty notes with the bill etc. Nothing seems to phase the old bat. Mabey the next snow I should fill them full instead of cleaning them out. Just my luck I would end up in the klink over that.

4. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

It not a tax lien they don't you owe taxes, it is a mechanic's lien.
    That one reason I don't take snow plow customers only. If they want plowing the have to be full service. Small claims Court works nice too, most of the time they mail you the money because they don't want to go to court. Save them up and schedule a few for the same day.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I plow my Attorneys 8 car parking lot in trade for services. She writes a letter to the dead beats and they pay up pretty quickly after that. She's handled a dispute with my mortgage company, and estate problems too.It's well worth the 3 minutes an event I spend plowing it. The lot is right down the street from my house so there is not even travel time involved.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there is a solution to dead beat customers and commercial accounts use imagenation

7. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

I guess that I'm not the only one then. It amazes me how people just don't seem to think that they have to pay for snow plowing. I think that next year I'll be plowing for one person....ME!

8. MickiRig1

The big corporations have to be the worst at paying. It's got to go to the "home office", then it get's lost on someones desk for a while. I billed a HUGE ambulance company for plowing one of their stations all winter long. The big companies are real bad about paying anything fast. One month later I am re-billing them when my kids come home from school and they brought in the mail. I about fell over " The check was in the mail ! "

9. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I got one, plowed all the storms this year, was paid for 1.....good god, why cant they make an exception to the law and just let me smack the sh!t out of them???

Chris

10. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

The black list is a wonderful thing around here . You put the word out and they will be up to their necks in snow the next time around . Most of the guys with plows around here know each other and we all talk so word gets out they can try to get anyone they want but no one will do it not even their own employes . So what ends up happening is they go out and buy their own plow and word gets to the guys that fix them and they will not fix anything. Its a wicked web they weave .
    But I still like the old way to do things threats that turn in to promises ;) .
    Just remember that they owe you this money so don't stop trying to get it .

Roland

11. CHEVYPLOWDUDE

CHEVYPLOWDUDE Junior Member

GRR AT THESE DAM PEOPLE WE GO OUT IN THE FRIZZIN COLD AND ABUSE ARE NICE TRUCKS AND THE @4AHOLES DONT PAY I DO A FLAOW UP BILL MENCHEN THEY DIDNT PAY IF THEY DONT PAY IN A FEW DAYS THEY DONT GET PLOWED ARE THEY GET PLOWED IN FOR THE REAST OF THE YEAR FROM NOW ON I DO ALL UP FRONT PAMENT FOR NEW CUSTAMERS THE GOOD OLDER ONES THAT PAY I LET DO THE BILLING TO. AND IN MY CONTRACTS I PUT ALL ATURNY AND CORT COSTS ARE TO BE PAID BY CUSTAMERS

12. The Boss

One of 3 things needs to happen here.
    1)Use spell check because nobody can read any of your posts.
    2)Quit posting on this site.
    3)The moderators will ban you for being such a dumbass.:nod:

Hooked on phonics dude.:nod:

13. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

hoked on foniks wurkd for me.

14. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

hehehehehehe..............:nod:

15. MickiRig1

Hey there is a spell check option please use it!
    Dead beats happen, just don't let them get away with it!
    I just keep plowing them, cause it keeps up my end of the contract, the bill just keeps getting higher. they know they have to pay it, their cash flow might not be able to right at the moment.
    Next time build in penalties for late pays!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  16. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Boss, lol. almost as bad rewoodworking.

17. The Boss

I agree.:nod:
    Have one on me today.:waving: :drinkup:

18. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Has or does anyone contract with SMG? My experience with them has been a nightmare. They are not well run, but are good at giving the run around when it comes time to get paid. This company is a joke, it's amazing they're in business. Now I understand why they came to us at the last minute when they had no other contractors in the area to do work. We have gone above and beyond, but of course now I'm having to fight them to get paid. Absolutely Ridiculous!

What's been your experience?

19. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

4) don't use caps when leaving post

also a tax lein is useless you must use a mechanical lein

20. Greensway

Greensway Member

:help: why........ I not know? huh............

That post hurt my brain.:(