1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any opinions on the SuperPlow?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by alittle1, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Is this a worthy snowplow for a homeowner?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2010.
  1. Yes, Greatest thing since sliced bread.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Has some good points about it.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Good in some situations, but not in all.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. I'd rather wait for the snow to melt then use this.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. alittle1

alittle1 Member

Friend of mine passed this site on to me about the SuperPlow that mounts on the Class lll trailer hitch of most trucks and SUV's. He thinks that it is the Catsass of snow plows for homeowners.

I seen these plows come and go over the years and have my own opinion about these plows, if we can use that word. They are actually just a blade with a lift arm and gravity down. This could work for some people given the right situation and snow condition, but I could see this blade in the wrong hands end up costing thousands of dollars in vehicle and property damages. What do you guys think?

Here's the link to the Company propaganda site: http://www.superplow.com/index.php

SuperPlow.jpg

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I think the Boss V plow " in the wrong hands end up costing thousands of dollars in vehicle and property damages"

at least it is hooked up to something that can take the stresses (class III hitch)

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The last choice on the poll is sooo funny!! :laughing:

I think by the time most homeowners get that hooked up, they could have their drive 3/4 done with a single stage Toro or similar.

4. FLMan

FLMan Junior Member

So you plow with the blade behind and get to the street. Now what? Cant back up over the snow bank you just created, and you cant drive into the neighbors yard across the street? Not to mention you are always driving on the unplowed part of your driveway? If your vehicle can pull that blade and drive through the snow at the same time, why do you even need a plow? I guess the only good use would be plowing in a circle, period. It might work better if the plow was facing the other way and you plowed in reverse?

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

realy thats all you can think of.

so why cant you lift the plow drive forward 5 feet lower the plow and push (by backing up) the snow to the side. and before you complain about backing up most of us do it, its called backdraging.

reverse is the weak side of the diff gears, better to spend most of the time pulling

Its suppose to be a home owner plow, cheep, easy to hook up, no mounting to bult on. dont plow walmart with it.

Good god people look at the tool and its inteded use.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What are you planing on putting this on? If it's a car it's not going to work very good.

7. FLMan

FLMan Junior Member

Watch the video and they are plowing in reverse most of the time and ways. The motto "Start wishing for snow days again" should be "Start praying it is not too deep for you back blade, your not driving a tractor"

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Watched the videos of plowing hookup and unhook. To many things to go wrong IMO. A few chains and clips that need to be hooked or unhooked, and if you forget, you'll damage the plow. Or maybe you'll start to plow with the cart on, bet thats been done before. If you clip something in either direction you have a good chance of bending the hitch tube or where the blade mounts to the lift assembly. Remember, this is for people who don't plow much.

Also would have been a better design to weld another blade to the existing one, except facing the opposite way. That way when you plowed in reverse it would still roll snow. Would add some needed weight as well, because it appeared to lift up and over the snow many times. Looks like a waste of money to me.

9. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

This thing looks great :eek: If you have unlimited time and patience to plow a very simple driveway. Plus once done plowing it either has to be shoveled to clean up the mess, or use / waste a whole lot of salt. :laughing:

10. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

You still driving over the snow and packing it down. Just like not having a plow big enough for your truck.

11. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

I have a friend who has one of these and is piratically giving it to me (he needs the cash). I do mostly drives, 15 or so and a couple small lots (but I wouldn't use this on them). I am hoping it might cut some time off the driveway route. I will post my findings after the first storm.

12. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Thanx for the info. Let us know!

C.

13. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Wow! Lol! I just read there information page and that is really neat. Of course they are averaging $2800 minimum for the cost of this plow. Of course the average home owner can trot out to Lowes and get a Snow Bear for half that price and still get the job done.
    C.

14. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Really?

Boys...Boys.... not very bright are we?
    Ever plow with a front blade? Ever had to back over snow? Ever compacted snow?
    what happens next...
    Our plow is not for everyone and our customers like it.
    Back blades have been around for 100+years and hopefully much longer.
    This is for homeowners and "some" commercial applications.

Opinions are like butt holes everybody has one and most stink....

Proof is how it works ask someone who HAS one! :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  15. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Little One.....?

So sorry you have a little one....
    Head propaganda Czar

16. Pitt4212

Pitt4212 Junior Member

I plow 26 driveways with a boss 8' straight blade AND the superplow 8' plow on the back of my Ford F-350. I have been using the superplow for 3 years now and there isn't a dent or twist in the steel anywhere. People who like to talk bad about products need to try them before opening their mouths because if they did they might have a diferent opinion on these products. Anybody can destroy anything if they don't use it correctly. I WILL NOT go out plowing my driveways without this rear plow anymore because on a 4 hour plow route the superplow saved me a full hour of plowing, cutting my route down to 3 hours, thus saving me lots of money!!!! Sure there might be better pull plows out there but they also cost twice as much and are set up for commercial companies that REQUIRE a front plow. The superplow gives people the option to plow in both forward and reverse thus not needing a front plow and still being able to get the job done. I like knowing that if my front plow ever breaks down in the middle of the night with no parts stores open I can still manage to open up my driveways with just the rear plow until I can fix my front plow. To each their own, all I am saying here is don't knock it until you try it, you might be surprised!!

17. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, this "Superplow" rep sure is professional................... :dizzy:

18. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:popcorn:......

19. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Is that how you would have handled the situation??????? :laughing:

20. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

:nono:.......