1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any one?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by z71plowguy, Feb 16, 2009.

1. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

interesting...Blizzard use to make one of those....

3. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

at first glance i thought this was a flowmaster exhaust specially made for guys who plow lol. you would have to pay me a lot of money to throw one of those things on a blade. if the truck overheats i would rather take the 10-15 minutes and let her cool down

4. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

What about it deflecting snow into radiator causing ice build up and overheating??

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I was thinking that as well. I also wonder about how it would hold up to some heavy snow stacking.

6. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

:dizzy: 15 years of plowing and only had over heating happen a few times, just lower the plow or angle it, no need to slow down, might wanna just check the front of your radiator for build up of ice blocking the air flow through it same for the tranny

7. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I have tried something similar it was worthless, added extreme duty fan and it solved the temp problems.

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i asked them to send me some pics of it actually ON a plow working...

9. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

i think i'll pass. haven't overheated yet, knock on wood. if its not going to add to the look of my truck, i think i'll figure out another way to deal with it

10. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Would look funny on a plow, get the fan cluch upgrade instead or larger core rad!

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Too much money IMO.