1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any one use this side wing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mico lanscaping, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mico lanscaping

mico lanscaping Junior Member

just wondering what everyone idea of this is.. if you use it please let me know if its worh having.... WWW.sidewing.net... it looks to be pretty good.. just want some feed back on it thanks!

2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Man it looks like you might be on to something here, thats all most like having another truck. I would be interested in what you find out!

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Do a search for sidewing or nsmilligan

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I've used one for the passed 2 seasons, and have about 1000 hrs on it!,( 75 plowable events last year and over 70 the year before),the sidewing does work, do a search there's lot's of pics and comments.

Bill :waving:

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Sidewing is a good tool

I had the same question and did some research. I got the dvd of the product in the mail, its pretty cool.
    Its main purpose is to help clear Long private drives or streets, and also make large lots go quicker by adding 4' of blade off to the right side of the truck.
    It is independently controlled and one of the neatest things is that you can use it to push back piles. Just lift it off the ground say 6" but have it extended and voila, you just made more room.
    Also you keep your tires on the road and not in a ditch, I had a 1/2 mile road along a canal last year, can you say white-knuckle. It sure would have been nice to stay on the Forest side and let the wing hang off the canal side.
    Down-side is price, the dealer near me has it at about $4000. I'm waiting to see it in person, he should have it out this week I hope.
    My dilemma is because of the cost, I think I am going to get a salter this year, Half the cost and guaranteed to pay for itself. And then next year take on more commercial accounts knowing I can get them done with the Sidewing.