1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

any one use the curb guards?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Sep 19, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

for under $100 thinking of throwing a set on. not sure i need them but i look at it like insurance.
  2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of plow.
  3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I know this is regarding Western, But they came on my Boss V plow and I like them. There are a few times I have felt it push away from the curb rather than dig in
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

On my MVP plus when replacing the cutting edge I took the 2 bent center pieces and put them on the outside. Just had to do a little grinding to get the holes lined but they look good.
  5. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

new pro plus
  6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I know yours is a western but my boss came with them. I think there a great idea. Sometimes I'm closer than I thought and bounce off a edge of something. Just having that wrap around guard gives me piece of mind when it happens
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Training wheels for plows.
  8. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I run Boss curb guards on mine....pretty happy compared to the western option. You will need a torch to cut a new hole though, sh*t is hard steel.
  9. Mattymax

Mattymax Junior Member
    from Nj

I run them on my pro plus and wouldn't run without them. They really help in driveways with cobble stone edging. These bounce off instead of digging in. They take all the beating and they are replacing
  10. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

This is the main reason I love the curb guards, we do a few properties with stone curbing and the rounded edge just glides past all the uneven stones and I have never had to replace a stone.

If all your doing is commercial with concrete curbs I wouldn't bother, I found I could scrape the curbs cleaner with the straight edge, no guard, than you can with them.