1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one take the CSP exam

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

Im going to be taking the CSP exam in march at the MNLA trade show here in michigan.

Just kind of looking for some insight on what areas were the hardest, what is a good thing to study.

Also what form are the questions in?

Getting very excited about taking it and using it as a great business tool

2. digit

digit Member

CSP test

I will be flying into Detroit the day before then taking the test I was also wondering what form the test is in.
    Do you know how far it is from detroit airport to where the test will be held I will probably rent a car .
    Also what all does this show consist of I do small excavating ?

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Are you flying into Detroit Metro Airport or City Airport...The show is basically Lawn and Landscape....but there are some equipment man. their that have some Smaller Equipment (skidsteers, mini excavators, dump trucks, ect)

4. When and where is this?

5. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

MNLA show in novi....i belive its march 7th

6. digit

digit Member

I will be flying into Detroit Metro the day before.
    Also do you know how far double tree hotel is from where the test will be held. Thanks,

7. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

which double tree (city)?....from the airport to the show is about 30 min drive depending on traffic

Some cirrcumstances beyond my control have forced me to not be able to take the test this time around....mainly a cash issue....im getting a house in the spring and married in the fall and this winter has been very crappy so far

8. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

What is the CSP exam? Sorry, I'm new here and trying to learn as much as possible.

9. digit

digit Member

Double tree in Novi I believe it's close to the show but unsure.
    Sorry to hear it did not work out for you to take the test. On the other hand buying a house and getting married are important steps in life . Best of luck!:)
    This winter sure has been crappy I have only plowed everything 5 times the only thing that saves me is seasonal on several accounts. I lost money in Jan. on one account that pays hourly even thought I salted some still didn't have enough to cover loader rental.:mad:

Soccerlawn: CSP is a cert. through SIMA WWW.Sima.org

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006