1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one put these on a Boss V-XT?

Discussion in 'BackDragBlades.com Discussion' started by Jakedaawg, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Has any one put htese on a V-XT. I am seriously considering getting as set. I love the idea, just wondering about actual results. Do the affect forward scraping?

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I've had them on a Boss V before, not the XT, but a regular height V. Bottom is the same though. I really liked it. It took a couple times of adjusting it just right so it didn't affect forward scraping, but once we got that just right, it was a great addition to the plow.

I bought another set last year with the intention of putting them on but when we went to do it (on a Sunday morning with a storm coming that night), we discovered the bolt holes had not been drilled correctly. We didn't have time to drill new holes so I didn't get them on this time. Next time I put new cutting edges on, I'll get them drilled properly. For now, they sit in my garage.

3. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

Hi MSS Mow;

Give us a call when you have it bolted up. We'll make it right with you. We'll have the 9.2 DXT in stock this season. It will be drilled and notched correctly. Boss moved shoes and braces on the XT's in the paste several years, we'll have everything cut and drilled correctly for all of the Boss steel V's this year.

Rick - Bill

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

What about for the DXT's? They have a different design, being a trip edge. I'll be switching everything over to those so mine may continue to collect dust in my garage. :(

5. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

MSS
    We'll exchange your BDB when the DXT's are ready. Thanks and we'll send you a return slip for FedX when they're done.
    R

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You guys planning on making one for a Fisher HD anytime soon? Seems like every back drag edge I've seen has been homemade.

7. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

hi Pete;

We have one that we modify for local sales. It has to have a few notches cut in a few places that weakens the BDB until it's mounted so we don't ship it. I have 3 photos of what one customer did to modify it himself that I can email you if you would like, just drop me an email.

R
    backdragblades@aol.com

8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

So do they make one for the vxt? There website doesn't list it. Also it says it is for steel plows only why is that?

9. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

Hello Allagas

We make them for Boss 8.2 and 9.2 VXT's. There are a few designs of each length, Boss has changed the bracing under the base angle since they had first come out. Then the Poly's have different bracing than the Steels. If we have the measurements, we can cut out the additional notch for the Poly's or you can do it when it arrives with a steel saw, grinder or torch. The hole pattern is the same on all of them.

Rick

juniors boss v 4.jpg

10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I just ordered one for the 9'2 vxt poly when I dropped it off for the preseason service. I will definitely put up a detailed review. The guy at the shop said it helped a lot and that he had a lot of positive feed back. He had one on his vxt but said he didnt need it on the dxt. I am hoping it helps

11. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I will certainly be interested in your thoughts. I, also want to put a set on the same plow.

12. G-chop

G-chop Junior Member

Do they work with the Boss Poly V's? The website says for steel plows only?

13. kampfitt

kampfitt Junior Member

Do you make them for the Curtis 7.5 ft. ? I just do my drive , dads and our church. Thanks Pete

14. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

Curtis 7.5

Hi Pete;

We have the 7.5 BackDragBlade for a Steel Curtis Sno-Pro in stock. Give Bill a call at 269 420 3959 when you have a chance.

Rick

15. ctbman

ctbman Member

Are you guys making any for blizzard 810?

16. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member

Hi CB

Sorry but we don't have the Blizzards measured up yet...

Rick

17. Yellowdogs1

Yellowdogs1 Junior Member

Is it possible to still run plows shoes with these on a 9 foot vxt? I have one commercial that requires shoes and has no back dragging. Then the shoes come off for my driveways and the back dragging begins. Thanks

18. ROHess

ROHess Junior Member