1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any one plowing with a Chevy duramax crew cab 8 foot bed?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ken643, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I have a 2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax crew cab 8 foot bed. I am thinking about a Fisher Vplow for it. I know its not recomended but I am thinking it should work ok. Dealer quoted me the 7 1/2 but I was thinking the 8'-2" Anyones thoughts? or pictures? The plow on my Jeep they dont recommend either but it works perfectly.
    Thanks for any input fellas:salute:

2. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

My brother inlaw runs a 9.2 boss v and a 2 yd salter you'll be fine

3. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

A guy in my building has one. Not sure it was Dmax but it was limo length. As long as you do big parking lots and have a lot of patience. If you plow parking lots during storms. what a nightmare it wil be trying to corner with it

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Yeah, I wasnt thinking about how much longer it will be with the plow installed, LOL LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG. GM turning radius isnt that great to start with. hmmmm

5. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

7.5' is a toy for that truck, go at least 8.5 or 9'. 9'2" if your a Boss V fan

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

A CC is only 21'' longer than my EC.You will be just fine getting around unless you have extremely short curved medians/islands which are a PITA for any size truck.Get at least a 8'6'' size plow,better with a 9'er or a 9'2'' Boss V.Your truck can handle it--no worries mon.:)

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks for input, I am a Fisher Plow guy, I have a 6'-9" LD Fisher minute mount on my Jeep, so If I do go with this I'm thinking of the Fisher V blade plow. All my accounts are driveways with 2 small parking lots. This last storm was so darn heavy the Jeep really was working over time. I got them all done, but it was hard. and I think the dmax would have made easy work of it and saved me time. even though a very long truck.

8. jd20series

jd20series Junior Member
    from IN

Yep, mine's an 8'6" Pro Plus. This is a good combination. Jim.

Fall 2010 Winter 2011 download pics 030.jpg

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Nice truck, I will keep thinking about it and if I do I will shoot for the 8 1/2 extreme V Fisher makes.

10. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Add Timbrens for some added height up front. They have alot of front sag without. I have a 7.5 Meyer.

11. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

after watching your vids i really don't think it would work with the some of the drives you do.

i will go back to my original theory that you just need a better alarm clock :sleeping:

think about how much snow we normally get this is an unusual year. save the money for now. unless you really feel you need the back up. and of course want to wait till the end of the storm to start plowing. :rolleyes:

i also would make sure you have some good back dragging abilities with any plow you choose b/c you aren't going to be able to maneuver as well to plow along side the garages the way you can do in the jeep.

i will continue to post things as i think of them to try and talk you out of it :laughing:

12. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Your good Sal, LOL :salute:

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would do the 9.5 exv. but that imo.

14. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I was hoping to see a few more pics, anyone got any of a GMC/ Chevy crew cab 8 foot bed with plow?
    thanks

16. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Anyone got crew cab dmax pictures with plow?
    Thanks

17. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I have the truck below CC LB dually. It's a GIANT truck but it works awesome. Only a couple times all year I have needed to put it in 4x4. My next truck will be a 2012 chevy 3500 dually but only the ext cab long bed... CC is a waste of space.