1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Any One Plow with a Zr2

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by S-10 Plower, Dec 1, 2003.

1. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

any one out there plow with a Zr2 s-10 for residential and commercial uses? thanks
    Mark

2. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Not a ZR2, but I am getting started this year with an S10. I "THINK" there are a few more of us on here too.

3. PS496

PS496 Junior Member

I have plowed with a 6'6 unimount on a 89 S10 for 5 years and it has done a good job. I have taken that plow off and put it on a 98 ZR2, it carries it well. I have Timbrens on both of them. Just waiting on some snow to see how it will do.

4. S-10 Plower

I have plowed with mine for 3 years and was wondering if any one knew what was life expectancy on it. and what are Timbrens

5. Gadget

Gadget Junior Member

Timbrens are a rubber suspension 'helper' - takes the place of the bumpstops in the front end, keeps the front end from sagging - www.timbren.com

jim

6. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Any of you guys got underhood hyd? Or is everything out front?

7. S-10 Plower

phoenix827,
    Mine is all electric the only thing under my hood is wires and a wireless controll relay.

8. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Ok, Was going nuts trying to figure out how to mount my pump on the engine. "THINK" I got it figured out, but I burned thru a LOT of heavy angle iron to do it! lol I will get a pic in the next few days if you want to see what TRUE jerry rigging looks like!:eek:

9. S-10 Plower

all righty let see those pics when you get them.:D

10. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

check the pics section, will have them up in a few! lol

Here, so you don't have to go look for them.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  11. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Hey guys. Newbie to the site. I have been using my 2001 Chevy ZR2 for 2 years now to plow 62 driveways. I am impressed with what these trucks can do...even in those big 16"+ storms.

more snowint.jpg

12. mavrim

mavrim Junior Member

I have a meyer plow on my 2000 Chevy ZR2 Blazer. I love it ! I now have an E-60 pump mounted upfront.

My ZR2 with Meyer Plow

13. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I am currently useing a fisher homesteader on my 99zr2.

Josh 99zr2